Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well kind of. There has been this dog hanging out at their house for the past week. Well Friday while they were both home they took him in. Gave him a bath and played with him. They took him inside the house with them and they said he just laid in the middle of the floor on the sheet and went to sleep. He also has been sleeping with my dad at night.

They put pictures up and they took him to the VET and no one has called them yet. He is so sweet. Sunday at our Bar B-Q he just laid off to the side. Never tried to take food or bother anyone.

My mom put him in the spare bedroom today while they are at work and went home to check on him and he is doing just fine. You could look at my parents and see that they were happy to have a dog in the yard. My dad looked even more happier to have a buddy to play with. She said if no one claims him they will just take over owner ship of him. He looks like a little huskey with sheppered and maybe lab. But he is all BLACK and so pretty. I will tell her to send me a picture for you guys.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's pretty much how we got our Sammy. No one claimed him so after 2 weeks he was ours.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sam you might have them check what the wait period is if they keep the dog at their house BEFORE they can claim the dog as theirs.
When we found that HUGE black lab last summer we called Animal Control to come out and see if he had a chip-he didnt. We wanted to keep him to be ours forever but we had to wait 180 days :eek: before they would let us claim him as ours. If we gave him to animal control it would be a 7 day wait and $50 (included all his shots heartworm testing and a microchip). We were going to go up and get him after the 7 days but then we had that car wreck and it just didnt work out :-\ .
Just make sure they check what the wait period is Id hate for them to become attached to the dog and then have the dog ripped from their arms..
I hope everything works out for them!!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
They wanted to get a dog anyway, right? If no one claims this guy, it sounds like fate may have stepped in. I hope that's the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts