Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah Brooklyn. You are a girl after your mother's heart. We first noticed that Brooklyn was...um... particular about her surroundings at about 6 months. We had gone food shopping and silly me, left a box of cereal on the counter. Well, lo and behold, Brooklyn started barking her fool head off at the thing. "Hey! You! You don't belong there! Get in the cupboard with you!"

I've also had to take her out across the street to sniff the love seat our neighbors put on their lawn for heavy trash pickup. She was barking and pacing letting me know that something was amiss. Oh the growling at the loveseat. Once she sniffed it she determined it to not be a threat. *snort*

Today's red alert came at lunch while I was out throwing snowballs for Remy and Brooklyn was meandering around the yard trying to find the grass. Well, the barking began and of course Remy ran over to start barking along with her. He stopped after a bit and came over to me as if to say "I'm not really sure what we're barking at - can you come check?" Apparently our neighbor cleared some leaves into a giant garbage bag which had rolled down the hill to the brook between his yard and ours. And Brooklyn knows that bag does not belong there. She's like the police!!

Anyone else's dog have an OCD or are we the only blessed ones?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Nope! not one bit!

I know that for a fact because w/ the small home remodel going on right now everything is everywhere.
He's so easy going.
Squeeze past the boxes, duck under extension cords, hop over the vaccume.

If he was OCD we would be in for a week of lots and lots of barking.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Sundance can be weird about new/different stuff, too. In December two years ago, he barked repeatedly at the snowman decoration on the lawn across the street. We had to take him over there to "meet" the snowman so he'd see he wasn't a threat (or trespassing). We went through the same process last Christmas. Silly boy.

Brooklyn is very pretty, btw.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't get enough of her pictures, Missy!! :D:D

You're not describing Brookie, you are describing Macy!!!! OMG she is exactly like that. Exactly!! "It does not belong there, move it!". The lawnmower was out of place, she barked her head off at it. Paul moved the wheelbarrow to the middle of the yard, she barked her head off at it. As she's barking at whatever is out of place, she's trying to sneak up on it to check it out better but then backs away like she's scared. It's very comical to see. :)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Hee hee at Sundance

Sadie was petrified of Fall(pumpkin) mailbox decoration.....it had nylon streamers(windsock material)....... bark bark bark. She finally got over that one.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Meg (beagle) is an OCD licker of things. ALL things that are not herself (thank goodness she leaves her own self alone).

If I can find the picture of Seamus' bed the day she left a puddle of OCD slobber on it, I'll post it.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
The only things Alfie has really barked at was a helium balloon in the corner of my mums front room, he was growlign and barking..really going for it and he also found a bin liner stuck to a stick blowing in the wind and reacted the same way.

I once watched a programme about a dog who constantly licked the back door

1 - 10 of 10 Posts