Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a certified pre-owned Toyota FJ Cruiser - 2008 with only 11,000 miles on it. My husband has wanted me to get one of these for a long time and I never liked them. Of course, I've only seen them in that horrid blue or bright yellow colors. It's so comfy inside and fully loaded (even a compass on the dash LOL) and SO FUN to drive!!! I'm in love....

Oh, I bought it this time. We got it for under 22K at 6.00%. Not too shabby! :D

Bad cellphone pic :

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Congrats amy.. how's the visibility in them? I hear it can be tricky.. but they're real SUVs and that's kickass =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how's the visibility in them?
Not so great if I'm trying to see to my left....but fine to my right. I'll get used to it. It's got a "parking assist" button that I press when I'm in reverse and it will start to beep if I'm getting too close to anything. Guess why they did that. :whistle:

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I love those vehicles too. If only I had money....

Amy, the only thing I've heard about them has something to do with the security system in them being really sensitive - I think one review from a dog owner said they couldn't take their dog anywhere and leave it in the vehicle without the alarms always going off.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't have an "alarms" security system, it's got a "theft deterrent system" - something about only my key will get the vehicle started or something like that.

It's so cool, it's also got some kind of engine assisted braking system. If I put it in anything lower than 'Drive' - 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 2L, it automatically brakes when I take my foot off the gas. Great for down hills in bad weather!!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Well that's good to know! and kinda cool too with the braking part - I do love those FJs. I told John once that he'd know if I won the lottery cause that was what would be in the driveway when he got home LOL

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You don't need to win the lottery - they're cheap! Well mine was anyway - affordable. I think the sticker on the brand news ones are around $31K maybe? I wouldnt get new though, too much for my budget!! :crazy:

Do you like it?
No.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's beefy! :D

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Very nice! I love those. Our next "car" is going to be a Toyota Tacoma for hubby, but I want one of those too.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
You don't need to win the lottery - they're cheap! Well mine was anyway - affordable. I think the sticker on the brand news ones are around $31K maybe? I wouldnt get new though, too much for my budget!! :crazy:
That's more what I was thinking - I needed a lottery for a brand new one. I've never had a brand new car, so I won a lottery, that's what I'd do!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.