Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember me - I have posted a couple of times in the past about getting a chocolate lab puppy and incorporating her into our family of cocker spaniels. Well, after 13 months of waiting, our breeder called this morning and the litter has FINALLY been born! There are 4 females and 5 males - we have first pick of the females. I am SOOOO excited - after all this time, it's strange to think we actually get to bring her home in 8 or 9 weeks! I have a list of things to watch for that I have used in the past when choosing a puppy, but I am wondering if any of you have any suggestion about any little tests or behaviors to watch for? I plan to see the puppies twice before I make my decision (I would probably be there every day, but they are two hours away!!). :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Congratulations on the pup! Be sure to post pictures when she comes home.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My wife left the house to go pick up our chocolate male and came home with a black female. She said the little dickens would not leave her alone and chose her. I'm glad I didn't argue :D

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
The breeder should pick for you. He/she is around the pups 24/7, whereas you'll only see them once or twice before you take him/her home. Be as honest as you possibly can with what you're looking for, and trust their judgment. :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Congrats! I also agree with Kate!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much everyone! I will be sure to let you hear all about her when she comes home - and there will of course be pictures!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts