Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have already had it up to their eyeballs with this Texas weather. It's driving them crazy.

They said they don't know what to put on in the morning. They have to keep changing their clothes.

You wake up, it might be cold. By afternoon, it's 88. Sit outside at night... It might be 75... or it might be 45. You just never know what to expect. Weathermen can't always say either.

We sit right on the line where we might get the cold from Denver... or it might be 30 miles north of us. We might get the heat from the gulf.... we might get both at once and the skies explode.

It's funny to hear them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
You wake up, it might be cold. By afternoon, it's 88. Sit outside at night... It might be 75... or it might be 45. You just never know what to expect. Weathermen can't always say either.
Are you sure you are not in Michigan? Being from Chicago they should be used to this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Princess Zoe said:
You wake up, it might be cold. By afternoon, it's 88. Sit outside at night... It might be 75... or it might be 45. You just never know what to expect. Weathermen can't always say either.
Are you sure you are not in Michigan? Being from Chicago they should be used to this.
y
Nope... Texas. I can only go from what they are saying. It's probably a problem because it happens October thru June. :laugh: After that, it's just hot.

Yes.... it's humid too. Not always as humid as Houston, but it does get sticky. It gets hard to breath in.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
They should understand the concept of layering. Chicago is similar to KC in weather and we have the same problem here. It was 50 when I left home this morning and it's almost 80 now.

They're being silly.

hehehehe wait till August. They're going to melt. I moved to Dallas in July. Being from Colorado I literally thought I was going to DIE that first summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
I laugh so hard at my BIL and SIL when they visit from Seattle. They leave sweatshirt weather to come to Missouri to visit (In July). They melt!
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Had a friend from Calgary come down here in August...we stood in 107 degree heat indexes to go to a dirt track race south of St. Louis. She about passed out. People WERE passing out and they were from here. I swear we went through a case of gatorade.

Gotta love heat and humidity. Started out so pretty in the morning though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BudGirl8 said:
hehehehe wait till August. They're going to melt. I moved to Dallas in July. Being from Colorado I literally thought I was going to DIE that first summer.
OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO.... AHHHHHHHHHHHH... I'm surprised you didn't. BWAHHAHAAA.

It's probably their age then..... 65 and 70 yrs old. They are originally from France.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
I am so looking forward to my death trip in July. *giggle*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
hahahaha Welcome to Texas! ;D OH MAN they will be complaining everyday in the Summer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
Champs Mom said:
Jinx said:
I am so looking forward to my death trip in July. *giggle*
I've experienced the southern heat in July. It wasn't the most comfortable experience, but as long as your in good company the heat doesn't matter.
Take one of these with you... :p
http://www.kooltronik.com/
Lmao! Actually I've visited in May, end of july/beginning of August and September so far. I'll adapt. And I'll *still* be wearing my jeans. I don't do shorts. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jinx said:
Champs Mom said:
Jinx said:
I am so looking forward to my death trip in July. *giggle*
I've experienced the southern heat in July. It wasn't the most comfortable experience, but as long as your in good company the heat doesn't matter.
Take one of these with you... :p
http://www.kooltronik.com/
Lmao! Actually I've visited in May, end of july/beginning of August and September so far. I'll adapt. And I'll *still* be wearing my jeans. I don't do shorts. :p
Brave girl. he he. :-*
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Shanna said:
OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO.... AHHHHHHHHHHHH... I'm surprised you didn't. BWAHHAHAAA.

It's probably their age then..... 65 and 70 yrs old. They are originally from France.
That's the problem. Age and origination. I suspect they feel it more than they would if they were from Chicago originally.

Uh yeah. That first summer in Dallas sucked. It was a good primer for my stint in Memphis and now KC. I actually prefer this climate to Colorado though. It is much less brutal on my body. I don't ache as much, my skin isn't as dry, and yes it gets hot but I don't mind it. It's not all that much hotter than it was where I grew up in Colorado. It was just a matter of getting used to the humidity. ;D

I don't do shorts either. I own one pair. And they haven't seen the light of day except one time last summer when the power went out on a 100+ degree day for 5 hours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Jinx, I don't do shorts either. I have some lovely scars on my left leg due to a fire incident. What about some lightweight cotton slacks or capris? Didn't I see a pic of you in a skirt once? I think Shanna posted it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
Champs Mom said:
Jinx, I don't do shorts either. I have some lovely scars on my left leg due to a fire incident. What about some lightweight cotton slacks or capris? Didn't I see a pic of you in a skirt once? I think Shanna posted it.
Um...yeah. I'm taking that with me. It *may* make an appearance. It's pretty short. Another inch and it could be a belt. lol

Capris are ok if I can find some I like. Don't like slacks, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Jinx said:
Champs Mom said:
Jinx, I don't do shorts either. I have some lovely scars on my left leg due to a fire incident. What about some lightweight cotton slacks or capris? Didn't I see a pic of you in a skirt once? I think Shanna posted it.
Um...yeah. I'm taking that with me. It *may* make an appearance. It's pretty short. Another inch and it could be a belt. lol

Capris are ok if I can find some I like. Don't like slacks, though.
I typed out a reply, hit post, and the forum **** the bed on me. "Page cannot be displayed"...Arghhhhhhhh!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top