Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Survivorman. I'm totally addicted. Such an awesome show, and I can honestly say I could probably survive if stranded somewhere. Probably. Maybe. Yea......
:)

http://www.survivorman.ca/home.php

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hee hee, T! :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I like that show too. I wish they would come up with more new ones, 'cause I have seen all of them many, many times!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
He is a dumbass! The one show I watched he built a fire inside a enclosure and started it on fire.

#1 - never start a fire inside without proper ventilation
#2 - never start your enclosure on fire!
He was then forced to sleep out in the cold for the rest of the night.

Only episode I ever watched. Figured I lost a ton of braincells just watching the show.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one show I watched he built a fire inside a enclosure and started it on fire.
He did?! I didn't see that one, but I would think HE of all people would know better.

One cool firestarter trick I learned - rub some vaseline on a wad of cotton balls and voila!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
He did?! I didn't see that one, but I would think HE of all people would know better.

One cool firestarter trick I learned - rub some vaseline on a wad of cotton balls and voila!
LOL -- Aim. If you're stranded w/out matches, what are the chances you're going to have Vaseline and cotton balls??

Let'see... I'm out here with no food or shelter, but good thing I've got my makeup case!!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Best episode of The Office is when Michael had Dwight take him out in the woods blindfolded and he tries to survive on his own just like Survivor Man, all Michael had was a camera - EPIC FAIL

The funniest part was when Dwight hit Michael on his head with a show to try to knock him out.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
The one show I watched he built a fire inside a enclosure and started it on fire.
Wasn't the shelter the roots of an overturned tree? Granted, the likelihood of starting something like that on fire is increased, but it also showed what NOT to do and the consequences if you do.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I call him Fakeivorman. Maybe has some skills, yeah, but he's not "surviving" ... he's got a radio and a crew who knows to come searching for him if he's out longer than he should be.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL -- Aim. If you're stranded w/out matches, what are the chances you're going to have Vaseline and cotton balls??
I was thinking more along the lines of.......when I'm home and Paul isn't around to start the fire and I'm out of paper..... :)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I love man vs wild...yeah, he has a camera crew following him around but it is a cool show. I think survivorman does his own camera...I have watched him a few times but Bear is so much more sexy. Loved the one wear he pulled down his pants to examine his chigger bites.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts