Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor kid has a huge red ringed pus filled blister on his heel. A 102 degree temp and his whole body is pink and fevered. Right now he is at Childrens Hospital getting treated.

So please send him vibes and keep him in your thoughts. He was really scared before he went to the hospital.

Please keep in mind my friends in the North east that the spiders are hatching. And to be very careful when walking in tall grass and brush ect. And even in your homes!

I don't want anyone else to go through this. Its nasty :(

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Wow - good thoughts for the little guy!

Where did this happen - they are not native to the northeast of the US, althought I did find one in my garden years ago.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a small population of them in Ohio. And we live in Northeast Ohio so thats what I meant.

We airn't 100% sure where he was at when he was bitten. He hardly ever wears shoes. And we does they are open heeled Crocs. He also loves to play in this tall grass behinds my sisters property. And last week I was back there and saw a ton of different spiders on the boys toys.

There is a chance it could also have been a Black Widow bite. As those are much more common. But both cause about the same results.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG how scary!! I'm so glad he's at the hospital - that's where he needs to be. How old is he? :(

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I'm glad he is at the hospital being cared for.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I'm sorry for your nephew. Hope he recovers quickly. We have them here in PA also. A guy I know was bitten last year.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I hope he recovers quickly. They are pretty common around here I was bitten by one when I was younger but I don't remember it I was only around 2 I think.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good thoughts for him!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Right.. never bisit Ohio. Check!
Or Kentucky. They are very common around here. Found some in my storage shed last fall. And a neighbor had one crawl in her bed and bite her on the FACE! She had to have plastic surgery.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
My friend's daughter was bitten by one and had a very bad reaction. She almost died but that was about 15 years ago. I'm sure your nephew will be find. Good thoughts coming his way.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Any update? How is he?

And a neighbor had one crawl in her bed and bite her on the FACE! She had to have plastic surgery.
Holy freaking crap.
*thud*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts