Just Labradors banner

My neighbor is an IDIOT!

395 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  imported_Belles mom 
#1 ·
A co-worker in Kathy's office had Whooping cough. So, because Kathy had such an ugly cough, her boss sent her home on Monday and told her to get tested for it, and not to come back until the results were back. Her doctor at the testing said it was not likely that she had it, but the results would not be back until Thursday. But when I talked to Kathy on Monday night, even I knew there was something not right by the way she was hacking. But Kathy being the stubborn person she is went back to work anyways. (She is a conference manager at a local large University, so has lots of public contact).

Sure enough the tests came back positive. She sounds awful, and says she feels like crap. Her boss reamed her ass about coming back to work before the results were in and probably infecting everyone. I talked to Kathy tonight, and she was majorly pissed off that her boss was mad at her (even though Kathy disobeyed "orders" and went back to work). So, what do you suppose Kathy is going to do? Freaking going to work tomorrow! She is still contagious for at least and other week or two! I could not convince her that she should just stay home, she has the sick hours to take. I hope they throw her out of the place!

What an idiot. Lord only knows how many people she'll give it to just because she's stubborn. (Her boss is away for 4 days, so won't know she is there...)

See less See more
G
#2 ·
She may just find that her boss decides to send her home for good. I'd have a hard time restraining myself from firing someone who not only obviously doesn't care if he/she infects the whole office, but also refuses to follow directives.

#3 ·
UGH! I hate it when people do things like that.
It happens a lot in our office. Granted a good portion of the time noone is carrying something as serious as whooping cough...but still.
They come in all snot faced and feverish and coughing and hacking and then spread the stuff around the office. I don't get people! It's just obnoxious and totally inconsiderate and rude to do things like that.

I hope Kathy gets reprimanded real good for what she is doing. It's simply not right. It's almost as bad as knowingly spreading an STD around!

#4 ·
I agree the boss is going to get tired of her lack of consideration. Does she know this can cause problems for people even exposed to the people she is coughing on. I hate to think of those people going home to their kids, or elderly family member. What she is doing is rude and very inconsiderate to anyone around her.

#6 ·
My BOSSES are the bad ones about that one of them has been hacking terribly the last two days he finally went to the doctor yesterday and took off today but it's probably too late since he's been around us all the last three days ::) He has to have bronchitis or something he sounds horrible. I have asthma too so I get that stuff easy I've been staying as far away from him as possible but it's hard in a small office.

#8 ·
I thought Whooping Cough was one of the illnesses that needed to be reported to the CDC so they can track it. I'm wracking my brain but I could swear when one of my son's friend's Mother's had it last year she was told not to go to public places for a certain length of time. It lasts for weeks though. I hate it when people are so inconsiderate. Think of all the people she's putting in serious risk.

G
#10 ·
Aim said:
That's awful. What a selfish person she must be.

What if she infects an older person who can't fight it off?? Or a baby?? You're right, she's an idiot.
Or someone with a compromised immune system or someone with chronic respiratory problems. I have asthma and a cold can send me to a very bad place. Pertussis would put me in the hospital.

BTW, wasn't there a vaccination thread here a few weeks ago --- pertussis (whooping cough) is another disease that is rebounding due to refusal to vaccinate. One of my mom's sisters died as a child due to pertussis. It's quite dangerous.

#12 ·
Wow, I agree. Very inconsiderate of her.

btw, we have people like that in our office. Our firm gives out cash gifts to people who have perfect attendance for a year. Many people will come to work very ill just to receive the $100 cash. ::)

#13 ·
It sounds like she's suffering from another illness - presenteeism :( That's the term used for people who think they HAVE to go to work even if they're dying because the world might end without them. These people are usually full of their own self importance.

The only thing that will bring her back to earth are those 2 words: YOU'RE FIRED! :mad:

#14 ·
garthc said:
It sounds like she's suffering from another illness - presenteeism :( That's the term used for people who think they HAVE to go to work even if they're dying because the world might end without them. These people are usually full of their own self importance.
That describes her to a tee. I called her a control freak last night and she almost hung up on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.