Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have been here awhile remember, she lost her brother 2 days before Christmas. That was 2006 and she was a freshmen. I did not know if she was going to find the strength to stand back up,after that. The last four years have been rough. I have pushed her very hard to finish school, to the point of screaming matches, not talking etc. She did it Sunday she graduates with here class! I'm so proud of her!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh that's great news!! :) :)

How is she doing now, emotionally?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She still misses him terribly. She has not had it easy in the house she has been raised in. She stayed for the little brothers. Her Mother and stepfather do not work. I'll leave that alone for now. When asked what she wants for Christmas also her B-day I get answers like chapstick shampoo. Parents do not go out of their way for her. They leave that to me and my mother. There was a fight in the household, because she asked for a dollar for a bagel at school. Her Mom said No but went out and bought a 30 pk that night. Jess made a point of saying I cant have a dollar but you always have money for beer. Huge fight after that, that became physical. Jess has not been back to the house since. She has always known she can come here to NY but wanted to finish school there. Her plan is college down here in the fall. She has had so much to deal with that no teen should have to. I think emotionally it will be a little bit before she is okay.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG that's so sad. :( Her mother is your sister?
I think the best thing for her would be to get the hell out of that house, in college, near you - someone who she can count on.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No she is my brothers daughter. He is involved with her now. Her Mom never would allow him to see Jess when she was little and my brother could have fought harder, but did not. When she was 14 she decided to have a relationship with him. Much to his relief he is going to Maine with us this weekend.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
My family is not the most normal. However are there for each other when needed.
Most families are not "normal". Normal is boring. :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Congrats to her!! She is so lucky to have someone like you to look out for her and push her to keep going :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
She's very lucky to have you in her life! Sometimes it is that one person that makes all the differance. Hope she gets to move closer to you real soon!:)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have always worried about being too hard on her. I have pushed graduating so hard. I have always told her to get out of living like she does
SCHOOL! I guess she listened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts