Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was cutting the bamboo back this weekend. It was a replay from the opening scene of "The Gods Must be Crazy".

As I got to the thicker stalks, I had to walk fairly deep into the grove. Ahhh! A nice thick stalk, 17 feet tall, 1 inch in diameter. Snippers ready, *cut*! The lovely stalk, still fairly green but beginning to turn brown, *bonked* onto my head and released the most beautiful, haunting, single note. A hollow, resonant note. As soon as it *bonked* my head it fell to the ground and I just stood there staring at it. It had made a musical note!

"Oh my gosh! This is how the primitives discovered their musical instruments!"

Oh well, it was a glorious moment for me. Call me simple, but I'll never forget that one, single note that bamboo stalk made from bouncing off my head.

:)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Sorry but, OHMIGOSH that was HILARIOUS! DH is mad because I was shaking the bed laughing so hard from the mental image. LOL!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I love that movie, it is one of my all time Top 10 favorites. ;D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
;D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I love that movie, too! ;D Nance, I am wondering, too, if maybe you cut a few more stalks to see what sounds they made?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
This tickled the heck out of me! The mental image was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what a cool mind you must have to be able to think of something like that, instead of just being mad that the **** thing bonked you on the head!

Frances

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well I have to say I had a TOTALLY different idea in mind when I read the title. You weren't naked when all this happened, were you? ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts