Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surgery didn't start til late so didn't get the report from the surgeon til 9 pm last night. Surgery went well... slightly more complicated than they had planned so it took longer but they got in the leads and upgraded the pacemaker... they even put in extra leads so if something doesn't work they have a backup instead of doing more surgery. Surgeon was pretty confident that everything looks good. We'll see what the recovery is like long term. I think I'm going to go visit next weekend (Mother's Day).

Thanks for your thoughts :)

----
Bi-ventricular pacemaker surgery today at 1:20 pm CST. This is the one they couldn't get in the "normal" way so now they have to go in from her side/back and are putting her out for it. Everything should go fine, no one is really worried that the surgery is gonna go bad or anything. The only worry is whether or not the new pacemaker will work as intended... if not... well... I guess we'll get to that when it comes.

So... good thoughts if you have em.

On a side note, my mom's uncle Mike (mom's mother's brother) who visited mom with my grandmother two weeks ago, died suddenly in his sleep of a heart attack last week. :eek: Same way mom's grandfather died at age 65. (I think uncle Mike was somewhere in his early 70s) It's a little scarey to think of how much mom and the doctors are working against... the genetics and the radiation damage from the late 70s cancer treatment. :-\

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Re: My mom is having surgery today

Good thoughts for your mom.

My mom is heading to the surgeon today to make the appointment for her heart surgery. She's not a happy camper at all. :-[

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

You got it Linds. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Sorry to hear about Uncle Mike.

S

·
0 Posts

Good thoughts for your Mom. So sorry about your great uncle.

·
Registered
557 Posts

I hope everything goes okay with mom and sorry to hear about uncle mike.
good thoughts on the way

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

Good thoughts for you mom Lindsey I hope everything goes smoothly and it works as they expect it too.

Sorry about your Uncle Mike though, Rest in Peace Mike watch over Lindsey and her mom for us. :angel:

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

Good thoughts from here!!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts

I hope everything goes well with your mom. I'm sorry about the loss of your uncle. ((((((HUGS)))))

1 - 20 of 39 Posts