Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was typing today I noticed it felt like my wrist kept catching on the edge of my MacBook, I figured it was dry skin or a scratch.

Nope, corner of my computer where my right wrist rests while I type, is cracked :( It's never suffered a fall, and sat on my desk all day :confused: It looks *exactly* like this:
RIP MacBook Case

Hopefully SO can haul it down to the Apple Store this weekend, and hopefully it's a free repair since it sounds like it's a problem (for once) not caused by me.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I hope they fix it for you. Those Apple store are CRAZY busy- at least around here. So good luck navigating that store.

We just had this issue with my husbands ASUS laptop. But we sent it away and had it back within a week all fixed up like new! Hopefully yours will see the same fate.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope they fix it for you. Those Apple store are CRAZY busy- at least around here. So good luck navigating that store.
Sounds like a job for John to handle :p

Sounds like a good excuse to get one of the new aluminum macbooks. They're beautimous!
Don't I wish! I'm definitely getting one for myself before I graduate to take advantage of the student discount, but I hope I can stretch this one out until then (May 2011).

I will be purchasing one very soon though ... my brother, Dad and I are all going in and buying my Mom one for her birthday :) Then I can at least gaze lovingly at it during family gatherings.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Ugh I hate having to go to the Apple store. It's always a PITA.

I suggest going online and making an appointment there, so you don't have to wait around!

That happened to my friend's MacBook and they fixed it for free. :)

I have a MacBook Pro and I'd be REALLY annoyed if that happened to me! There's a spot like that on the top corner of the base of the computer that's a bit raised, but I'm not going to take it in until/if it gets worse.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
How much cheaper is a student discount? I found the student site online once and i remeber it being less than stellar compared to when i was in school.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Student discount isn't much... but it's something

And if you order online... ANYONE can get the student discount... it's not like they check.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
i bought a refurb mac macbook a couple of years ago, and it's been fine for me. i'm sorry yours cracked. hopefully it will get fixed quickly and at no cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts