Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robberies!! Five in the last 2 weeks!! They're hitting businesses, ones they know don't have cameras, which is pretty much all of them around here. They hit 2 hair salons, my pet store, a restaurant, and Califon Lumber. This doesn't happen in places like Califon, we're just a little smalltown with nothing going on. :( The highlight of the year around here is the Fireman's Carnival or Pankcake breakfast at the firehouse.

Read :
http://www.califon.org/our_town.html

Oh, the camera outside of the bank in the same lot as the pet store caught a car on camera. It wasn't even good enough to get the make/model of the car.

Scary stuff. I hope they don't start hitting homes.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Good that you have a houseful of attack dogs!

HEY!!! COMPANY!!! *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag* *wag*

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Dan, but the 3 of them start barking the second something is off. Hell, the second someone walks past my house! They all have mean barks, too. :D

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I didn't know about Califon Lumber, but knew about Ed's, Rafferty's, Shear Design (I was in Ed's the afternoon after they & Rafferty's were hit) and read about Tony's last week. What the heck is going on over there? :(

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Sue, Eddie told me on Saturday that Tony's and Califon Lumber both got hit last Monday night.

Where did you read about Tony's? I can't seem to find anything online. :confused:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome to the real world, unfortunately.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was in Ed's the afternoon after they & Rafferty's were hit
Me, too! I wonder how many times we've just missed eachother there! LOL

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
...Where did you read about Tony's? I can't seem to find anything online. :confused:
It was in the Express Times sometime last week. Can't remember which day, tho. I didn't see anything about Califon Lumber, tho. Did they just get money, like the rest of the places? I don't think it's someone who lives in Califon, but it definitely has to be someone local to Califon.

Quote:
I was in Ed's the afternoon after they & Rafferty's were hit
Me, too! I wonder how many times we've just missed eachother there! LOL
LOL I've often wondered the same thing. Considering I was on my way home from work, I was probably in there about 1:45-2 PM. Maybe a little later- I can't remember if I had stopped at the A&P first. LOL The guys were still working on Ed's door when I was there.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know what they got, Sue. Probably just $$.

I think it is someone from Califon. I wonder why they didn't hit Oscar's? I'm sure they have cash on hand.

I'm gonna go and see if I can find it online in The Express.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are not all that far from Hackettstown and I am sure that unemployment there is pretty high.
It's 15 minutes from me, I go there all the time. Why would unemployment be any higher there than anywhere else? If anything, I would think the opposite with all of the crowded stores there. Kohl's, Walmart, Shop-Rite, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc., etc.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
It's 15 minutes from me, I go there all the time. Why would unemployment be any higher there than anywhere else? If anything, I would think the opposite with all of the crowded stores there. Kohl's, Walmart, Shop-Rite, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc., etc.
Larger percentage of undereducated, unskilled and/or immigrant population there.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larger percentage of undereducated, unskilled and/or immigrant population there.
Gotta disagree with that. Again, no different than anywhere else around here. Have you been to Califon? :)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Gotta disagree with that. Again, no different than anywhere else around here...
I'm with Amy on this one. Hackettstown isn't exactly crime free, but it's not riddled with "crime infested", either.

I've been thinking on this. Thinking back to stuff that happened in the past, I'm wondering if these break ins are drug related. Unfortunately, drug problems have become more common in the Califon/Lebanon Twp area. :( Scarey thing, is, it's been pretty serious stuff like herion. :eek: I also have a sinking feeling that when they catch whoever is commiting these robberies that I will know them.

ETA-
...Have you been to Califon? :)
LOL Along those lines, check out the town race profile. I know the 1%, Amy, and I bet you do, too.
http://www.idcide.com/citydata/nj/califon.htm

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also have a sinking feeling that when they catch whoever is commiting these robberies that I will know them.
Me, too.

LOL Along those lines, check out the town race profile. I know the 1%, Amy, and I bet you do, too.
The Bagelsmith owners!! :D

It says 0% black, which means John Palmer must have died. :(

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts