Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cameron's last game of the season was Saturday at 7:30am.

The league hired a professional photographer to get photos of the kids playing. Here are a couple he got of Cameron.

Can you see the smile on his face?? He loves playing. (And I believe at this point his dad is on the bench yelling TWO HANDS ON THE STICK! LOL. It's a bone of contention between the two of them. ;)

Artifacts For Life Photography > Sports > 730-845 Red Rink - Tim Hortons Yellow vs Black

Getting ready for a faceoff.

Artifacts For Life Photography > Sports > 730-845 Red Rink - Tim Hortons Yellow vs Black

And lastly- trying to stop the puck, which is out of the picture.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
How adorable! It's clear he's having fun--ah, the joys of sports! Does he play other sports too?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh I love his face in the 2nd one! He really does look like he's having a blast! Looks like a natural. :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Certainly can tell he enjoys it! " Two hands on the stick" made me laugh! I can just hear him thinking " whatever Dad"!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Awww, thanks for sharing; it sure brings back memories. He does look like he is having so much fun.

2 hands on the stick . . . AHHHHH! It is one thing for a dad/coach to say it from the bench, but when my kids were little there were people in the stands that would yell it . . . and not only to their kids. I heard a mom on our team yell, "Justyn if you don't put 2 hands on that stick, I am going to duct tape them to the stick." Justyn's mom responded, "And if you don't sit down and shut up, I'll use the same duct tape on your pie hole." That was a great season! :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Awww, thanks for sharing; it sure brings back memories. He does look like he is having so much fun.

2 hands on the stick . . . AHHHHH! It is one thing for a dad/coach to say it from the bench, but when my kids were little there were people in the stands that would yell it . . . and not only to their kids. I heard a mom on our team yell, "Justyn if you don't put 2 hands on that stick, I am going to duct tape them to the stick." Justyn's mom responded, "And if you don't sit down and shut up, I'll use the same duct tape on your pie hole." That was a great season! :)
:pound::pound::pound: I love Justyn's mom!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Super cute pics! Ahhh, hockey moms, gotta love 'em! My brother was a goalie for a loooong time. No one would sit next to my mom at games--she was a nutcase. But every time he would get scored on, everyone would look at her, like she was the one goaltending!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts

2 hands on the stick, head up, stick on the ice. Three basic rules. The rest is pure unadulterated fun.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. He has always liked hockey, but this year he really learned to love it. He practices every day in our basement with his net. It really is a lot of fun to watch. :)

How adorable! It's clear he's having fun--ah, the joys of sports! Does he play other sports too?
In the past, he played baseball in the summer. He's only 6- so the last two years were Tball. He did want to play this summer. He wanted to play ball hockey, so ball hockey it is. He also takes power skating during hockey season.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Thanks everyone. He has always liked hockey, but this year he really learned to love it. He practices every day in our basement with his net. It really is a lot of fun to watch. :)

In the past, he played baseball in the summer. He's only 6- so the last two years were Tball. He did want to play this summer. He wanted to play ball hockey, so ball hockey it is. He also takes power skating during hockey season.
I learned to skate at 3 and played hockey most of my life (I still play 3 on 3 hockey when asked). Once it gets in your blood there is nothing that cures it. I turn 50 this June and I still love the game.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Aww cute pictures. I love to watch the little ones play. Our hockey ended last week. We are now in the process of shaving the hockey ice out.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Aww, he's so cute in all his gear :) Love his happy face too - it's clear he enjoys his time on the ice!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts