Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has a condition called DiGeorges syndrome. Its where chromosone 22 is missing and this it whats caused his heart problem.

His heart problem is more complex than a VSD now he also has a Pulmonary Artresia and some other stuff thats to do with blood vessels.

Heres a link on DiGeorges syndrome as its kinda hard to explain :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/digeorge1.shtml

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Karen you and Logan (the entire family) have my daily prayers. You will get through this and watch your beautiful boy grow into a great little man just like his brothers. I am always here if you need a sounding board.
Terri

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I wish I could reach through this screen and give you a HUGE HUG! Some day this pain will be a distant memory, as you watch Logan and his big brothers grow up into great men.

I read the link. You don't need to answer questions if you don't wish to, but you are right - it is very complicated. I'm wondering if his heart and blood vessel issues are the only defects from the syndrome, is there is a good chance that surgery will effectively treat him??

Again, HUGE HUGS for you, your baby boy and family.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Karen, I'm so sorry. I'm just glad you know what it is now.
Prayers for you all.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Praying for your continued strength, for a positive attitude over the long-term, and for ongoing wisdom from your med team....

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Continued prayers for your family, and your beautiful baby boy. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I could reach through this screen and give you a HUGE HUG! Some day this pain will be a distant memory, as you watch Logan and his big brothers grow up into great men.

I read the link. You don't need to answer questions if you don't wish to, but you are right - it is very complicated. I'm wondering if his heart and blood vessel issues are the only defects from the syndrome, is there is a good chance that surgery will effectively treat him??

Again, HUGE HUGS for you, your baby boy and family.
Thanks everyone, i dont know if the surgery will treat the condition as apparently there is no cure it will just help his heart function better

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I'm so sorry Karen I can't imagine how hard this is on you. We will keep your family in our prayers I hope the surgery helps the imediate problem and any others are treatable. At least if you know what your dealing with hopefully you can get more answers and know what to look for.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I'm so sorry that you and Logan are having to deal with this, but now you know what is ahead and you can get him any help he may need. (((hugs))) and continued good thoughts for all of you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts