Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for fondant class. I did awful. So many wrinkles!! And the top tier looks like the leaning tower. And talk about a waste of time- The fondant we had to use tastes terrible so all the flowers ended up as garbage.

At least the frosting flowers get eaten...oh well

Anywho... here a couple pics of the cake before my coworkers dove in!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
What do you mean, you did awful? I think it looks really good! I would love to take a cake decorating class.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Don't get me wrong - I think it's ok - but the round cakes are much harder than the square one I did two weeks ago. I was just trying to make it look like the pic in the book - and of course, it doesn't.

And the flowers took me 13 hours to make so it seemed a waste since they just got thrown out.

I'm actually shocked that I can do any of it - I'm artisitaclly challenged.

Next class = "Fancy flowers"

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
The flowers look BEAUTIFUL!!! And so what if the fondant has a few wrinkles...you'll only get better at it. I'm just so impressed by the flowers!!

I think I might take a cake decorating class with a few girls from work. It looks fun!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Beautiful! I love the flowers and I really like the way the rest of the cake looks. From what you said, I'm guessing the fondant was supposed to be flattened to the cake, but I like it the way it is. It makes the cakes look like they've been draped in fabric, or something like that. Anyway...it's really lovely.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Oh it looks beautiful. The flowers must have taken forever to do. That looks like so much fun though.

P

·
0 Posts
I can see the things you pointed out. And I am very critical with myself on things I do....so I understand how you feel.

on the other hand

I would pay good money for that cake, it does look nice, and SOOOO much nicer than anything I could do. Granted, I usually only buy cakes from the grocery deli (frosting not fondant). It does look good and the roses are beautiful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts