Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to this horse:

While they both enjoyed it, Cameron really took to it. He was getting the horse to trot all over the place. When I told him it was time to come back in and give his sister another shot at it, he turned that horse around and trotted away. The little stinkpot. Kelsey really enjoyed just walking around on Buckshot. No trotting for her. :) She's my little nervous nelly.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
A bit of advice. Find a safe barn & try with a few lessons before you commit. If after a bit they seem into it & the novelty hasn't worn off, go for it. Olivia loves her lessons, and competing. She has been horse-obsessed singe the age of about 4 and bugging for lessons since then. We made her wait until she was 8 to start though, as it is a high risk sport.

Not much better for the inside of a child, than the outside of a horse. =)

Liv's lessons consist of 1/h hour tack up & grooming, 1 hr lesson, then 1/2 hour to 1 hr grooming, feeding, untack & turnout (the horses get showers in the summer :) )

Good luck! It's very expensive, but also worth every penny, especially if you find a great barn. =)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, T.

I'm guessing it is just a passing phase for them.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Cameron really took to it. He was getting the horse to trot all over the place.
That's pretty impressive, Aim! :) Where was that?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, if he continues to show interest in it, we'll encourage him. And his sister, as well. But he's already in one expensive sport. I may go broke before these children turn 18. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts