Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my neigbors across the street last night. She was planting bushes and I was watching her daughter so she could get it done. MY SU and her's went to pick a tree for them. In the 45 minutes they were gone there was some baby smack down in the front yard. Makenna is 2 months older than her daughter and outweighs her by about 8 lbs (Breana is pretty little). Makenna pushed Breana out of the cozy coupe, smacked her in the head as she walked by and bounced a ball off her head. I was mortified. My friend said she's tough and to remember she has a 5 year old brother. I told her it doesn't make it OK fir my kid to do it. Breana took it all in stride. I of course scolded Makenna for her behavior but how do you punish a 17 month old? Fortunatley Heather was fine with it all but I was embarrased. She said, "What do expect she is an only child and goes to daycare?" I am lucky to have such nice neighbors.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Your neighbor has a 5 year old and a toddler. She's probably seen it all. Been there, done that, and she realized that you were embarrassed. Your baby is still learning her boundaries. Things like this will happen.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Princess Zoe said:
I of course scolded Makenna for her behavior but how do you punish a 17 month old?
Makenna is 17 months old already? :eek: I swear it seems like just a few months ago that we were still counting down until your due date!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AmazonGold said:
Princess Zoe said:
I of course scolded Makenna for her behavior but how do you punish a 17 month old?
Makenna is 17 months old already? :eek: I swear it seems like just a few months ago that we were still counting down until your due date!!
Hard to believe isn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts