Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are going to the symphony for a kids' concert series during school today and I would not let him wear jeans. "But she said we COULD!" Well, sorry, YOU are not. The permission slip says 'Students are expected to dress his or her best.' Sorry but jeans are a no-go.

You'd think I made him go to school in a three-piece suit and wingtips. :)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I side with your kids. I remember those days. How embarrassing being dressed all nice and that stuff.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Tell him it coulda been worse. You could have insisted on the tux. Which is what the conductor and musicians will be wearing.......

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I side with your kids. I remember those days. How embarrassing being dressed all nice and that stuff.
He's not going to the Symphony by himself. It's a class field trip. It's not as though he'll be the only one.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell him it coulda been worse. You could have insisted on the tux. Which is what the conductor and musicians will be wearing.......
Jason said 'Hey, we could make you wear a tie."

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's how I felt over the summer when my Dad wanted to meet us at his country club for dinner. He said I wasn't allowed to wear jeans. WHAT?!
*thud*

:)

He'll live, Melis. I'm sure he'll feel much more comfortable when he sees that everyone else is dressed up, too.

So, what did he wear?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very dark olive green khaki-types pants, very casual. An orange and white polo layered over a long-sleeve white t-shirt. So, business casual. Really not that dressy.

Oh, and his tennis shoes. I told him he looked ridiculous but I was tired of arguing about it so if that's what he wanted to wear, whatever! =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He must have looked very handsome. Sounds like a stylin' combo. Well, minus the tennis shoes. LOL

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
You big meanie!!!! LOL.

I would have done the same thing. ;)

Kelsey is all about jeans these days. When we went to see Dirty Dancing, I had to force her to wear a dress.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
You big meanie!!!! LOL.

I would have done the same thing. ;)

Kelsey is all about jeans these days. When we went to see Dirty Dancing, I had to force her to wear a dress.
You'd have to force me also! I have a wedding coming up in May and I'm already stressing about having to "dress up"- hate hate hate it!! I'm going to go pout now:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
You'd have to force me also! I have a wedding coming up in May and I'm already stressing about having to "dress up"- hate hate hate it!! I'm going to go pout now:D
Well pooh on you, it don't hurt folks to dress up once in a while.;)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I would have done the same - he'll get over it quick. :)

A lot of the teens here wear khakis and polos to school, I've noticed so tell him it could be worse and he could live down here. ;) Jake and Brandon do too, but they're only 6 and 7 so they don't have much say in what they wear yet. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts