Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might scream! :hurt:

I am trying to get clarification on coverage for something specific.

On the phone, both me and my doctors office are told I don't have coverage, so my Dr's office is asking me to pay out of pocket.

well I log into my account on their web site and send them an email and get a reply that I am covered.

Why is it so hard to get a definitive answer??

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Duh, it's their job to be evasive and spend as little money as possible.

:laugh:

Sorry, I spend most of my workday fighting with insurance companies. They drive me crazy.

I hope you can get what you need.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Forget it! there are so many different plans that I've never gotten a straight answer from an insurance company. SU's work used to pay the detuctible for us, but the insurance company never knew that , they would say we owed, but we didn't.

G

·
That once happened to me with a surgery, the insurance was back and forth telling me it was/wasn't covered...I told them I need a straight answer and that I need to know before the surgery because it was over $25,000 and I wasn't playing games, finally after a few days I got the right person and they got it right, it was covered.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My sister had two brain tumors, she got all her aprovals from the insurance company and the week before the first surgery they told her it had not been approved. So she called the insurance commisioner, informed the insurance company and they changed their story. The second surgery went off without a hitch.

They certainly know how to make life difficult!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Insurance companies are always in very fancy, rich looking buildings. They can afford those buildings because they deny everything first and only cover when questioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts