Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Instructor is stupid.

We have an online class thingy... where he can set up announcements, links, materials to download... etc. etc. One of the tools is a quiz maker (multiple choice usually).

Quiz 1 (2 Attempts Allowed)

Did the quiz... 18 multiple choice questions... think I did well... I know exactly which questions I was unsure of the answer and had to pick between two "could be correct" options.

Completed Quiz

Results?... oh no... not shown.

WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT OF OFFERING TWO ATTEMPTS THEN?!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
He wants to sharpen that critical business skill of shooting in the dark.....

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Find several other students with similar opinions on that and ask him to change it. If he's an experienced teacher, he will. If he's new to teaching, he may not, too insecure.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
*spits water all over moniter*
BWAHHHHHHHH HA HA HAH A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Seriously, maybe he's holding the results until actual class?

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope... several classmates emailed him and that's how he wants it. I'm in class right now.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Well that doesn't make any sense at all! What was his reason for not giving you guys the results? There has to be a reason?!

Now I'm pissed. LOL

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
sorry, i didn't mean YOU lindsay.. i mean you as a collective.. the class =)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He says he gives two tries to give us a chance to study in between.

HAHAHAHAHA... after 6 students tell him 6 different ways he finally gets it. I swear... there shouldn't be a language barrier if he's lived in the US for over 30 years. (and has been getting his phd and teaching that whole time)

(he wanted the grade to show... but not the actual answers to the questions until the quiz "closes" tomorrow... so he admitted he set it up wrong and is going to fix it)

I'm not too worried... I was 100% confident on 16 out of the 18 questions.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
If he allows two tries on the quiz, I can see where he wouldn't want to reveal the answers until the quiz due date. But I can't see why he would prevent students from seeing the score. I'm glad it was just set up incorrectly, but why not admit that in the first place??

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He did...

It's just frustrating that multiple students emailed him about the problem... and he didn't get it. Then it was brought up in class... and like 6 different people had to explain it in different ways for him to finally understand that we weren't asking for the answers... just the score.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts