Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He had his right kidney removed. 4 weeks before he had part of his vertebra and 2 disks removed along with the tumor.
Hopefully they have gotten it all out, but there is a suspicious area in his lung that will need to be monitored. It's a small area I believe 6mm.
Renal Cell Carcinoma cancer is so unpredictable. We have seen so many doctors lately. Some say try Chemo even though it doesn't always respond to it, another says to try some of the medications they have developed for this type of cancer or he could get in a clinical trial. And yet another says lets just monitor him and see if we got it all.
Very confusing & frustrating. We will see an oncologist soon. The one that we are dealing with right now is a Radiation Oncologist, but we will soon see another. We need to keep our options open for now and just take it one day at a time.
My husband is a strong man and he has the strength and courage to fight this and I will be right by his side.
Thank you to those who have kept him in your thoughts and prayers. We really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Paula, I missed you and have been thinking of you and your husband. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers!
xoxo

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
You've been on my mind, too. I'm so glad you've updated us. All best prayers, wishes and hopes continue for both you and Kenny.

Hug the dogs for all of us!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Continued good thoughts to you and your husband. I am so very sorry that you are having to go thru this. Stay strong.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I'll be continuing my good thoughts and prayers for you and your hubby. I hope that he has a fast and complete recovery.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
You and Ken have been in my thoughts alot lately. I so hope that the surgery was successful and Ken will be feeling better real soon. Continued good thoughts coming your way- Di

1 - 20 of 29 Posts