Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone had a nice weekend! :) We were in toddler throw-up land for most of the holiday. :-X So here's my gripe ...

Saturday we were invited to a birthday cook-out for some family friends ... their son was turning 3. Lots of kids, warm enough to stay outside ... a good time was had by all. About 60 minutes into the party, some of us were talking and one woman says "We're a little tired because "Billy" was up sick for much of the night". Ummm ... excuse me? This would be the same Billy that is running around right now playing with all of the other children?

So, by this point, I figured that virus transmission was complete and if my son was going to get sick ... well, I was a day late and a dollar short.

Fast forward to 1am ... our poor little guy was vomitting from 1am to 6am. Needless to say, we stayed in for Easter ... the bunny will come next weekend, as yesterday was no time for chocolate.

Why, oh why, do some parents insist on bringing their children to parties (or school, etc) when they are still sick? That's my beef for the day. Grrrr ...

On a positive note ... here's one more virus that he has built an immunity to ... there's always a bright side, right? ;)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That was one of our biggest pet peeves when the dweckettes were younger. Some sniffly, sneezy kid with germs just LEAPING off her in all directions would come to our house for a party or something, and Mom would shrug and say, "Well, we didn't want her to miss the fun!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

·
0 Posts
Oh, man. I hope your little guy is feeling better. This is an offshoot of the thread last week about the person who went into work even though she was ill, contagious and knew it. Same people make the same bad decisions with their kids. :(

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Oh ick! I hope the little one is feeling better!

And I do agree with your gripe. A cold/sniffles fine. If we kept all our kids in when they had the sniffles or a slight cold, they'd never see the light of day. But fever, vomiting, the big D- Keep them away from others for 24hours AFTER they finish it. And really- how fair is it to take a child who has been up puking all night to a party the next day? The poor little kid must have been wiped right out.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Poor kid. I betcha most of the other kids were in same boat that night.
:(

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am SOOOOOO glad to hear that I am not the only one with this gripe. ;D

jzgrlduff ... I bet you are right ... next time we talk to everyone again, I'm sure we'll find that we were not alone ...

dweck ... "Well, we didn't want her to miss the fun!" ... you are so right! Me-thinks sometimes it's the parents who don't want to miss the party, and the kids have to tow the line.

I agree with all of you ... wait at least 24 hours after the last puke ...

We are all well here, again ... neither SU nor I got sick, and the little-man seems no worse off ...

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I hate when parents do this. Makenna threw up on me 2x this weekend and once in her carseat. It was either a kid from daycare that wass ent home on Thursday for puking or a reaction to her shots on Thursday. Either way it was not a fun weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts