Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may already know, my oldest son, Joe, is disabled. He is living at home right now as the last roommate situation did not work out. It is hard to find housing for disabled adults and most that we could find did not fit his needs. He is pretty self-sufficient but does need a bit of help, mainly security issues. Group homes would not be appropriate.

Anyway, he has a friend that we have known since they were in kindergarten (they are now 26 years old) and who is looking to move out. We got together with the parents and discussed what we could do. To make a long story short-we are going in together and buying the boys a brand new condo, 2 miles from our house. They will move in June 15th !!!! We are all so excited...

Now for the other good news, our younger son, Tim, is going to move in with them and help out with any of their needs. He is such a good kid and I am so proud of the both of them. I just know that this will work out and we all will be comfortable with the living arrangements. So we have been busy, getting everything ready--buying all kinds of house stuff, furniture, etc.

And, my hubby and I will be empty nesters - YIPPEEE !!!

Here is a link to the condos-

http://www.arborhomes.com/community_intro.cfm?search_type=none&community=ArborCrossings&sound=off

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That sounds exciting. Doesn't it make you happy when everything finally falls in place. :)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
How exciting for all of you!!

And WOO HOO- to the empty nest! I'm in the process of moving back home until we get married in Oct. My parents are probably counting down the days until then. ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sounds really nice!!! Hope your sons are happy with their new place :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts