Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put it up this week and used it this evening to train both dogs. It will be nice to have a full ring set up outside to train in. There are about about 5 of us that have outside rings and we can train at each other's places. I do inside training where I teach and where I take lessons. Best of both worlds!! ;D

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Linda that is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was that from your All-Star prize? I know I have been hauling a section of gating around to do go-outs in different places cold--set up, get him out of the car and do some go-outs. Now I want more gating and portable jumps!!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was that from your All-Star prize?
Yes and from fees I earned from teaching this fall and winter.

Now I want more gating and portable jumps!!!
My jumps are a set that are plastic. 4 foot jumps. They store in their own bag.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
lcspt said:
My jumps are a set that are plastic. 4 foot jumps. They store in their own bag.
I told Lew that is what I want. I told him I'm taking the baby gating with me when we travel this summer so I can still do go-outs at different places. Got to get this problem solved!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
CHOCOLATA said:
Where do you girls get the portable gating and jumps?
J and J Dog Supplies has just about everything. I got my gating and the Practijumps from them. They have excellent service. In fact I have placed an order at 2:30 p.m. and it has arrived by 11:00 a.m. the next day! (and it is not a "rush" order, 'regular shipping!)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I remember right I got them from J & J. They are easy to set up and then I just leave them up in my yard unless I need to train somewhere else that doesn't have jumps.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It seems weird to think about gating at obedience trials. The only gating I have seen was at the Invitational. Most of the trials I have been to have only had the single rope ring set up. Sometimes they don't even have a center rope support for the Go Outs..
So my question is..Does anyone ever run into shows east of the Rockies that don't have gates? Just currious.

thanks kelly and amber

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Competing in MD, DE, PA and NJ and have never been in a ring without gating (indoors or outdoors). When I judge at the local fair we have only rope up for the obedience and breed ring for the 4-H competition.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Around here they have either gating or a blank wall.

Hey Linda, ordered the set of 3' practice jumps today from Max 200 so I can do go outs between jumps. Excited to get them!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I guess I get off easy I only have to practice go outs between the jumps and maybe with a ring rope. I did get to do novice in the same ring as the Invitationals (at the 3 shows before the invitational) and that was the first time I saw the gating. Of course for novice and open it doesn't matter too much what the ring is made of..But for things like the invitational I better practice at least some with gates.
Thanks for the info everyone.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
What a great prize!

I've been waiting for the annual sale. I really need to get at least 1/2 ring so we can practice go outs to baby gates. We only have a few shows with gates but they are usually the 3, 4, or 5 day shows so it is worthwhile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts