Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my best med school friend who I study with was home alone the other day when there was a strange knocking on her door. She went to look out the peep hole, and decided not to answer the door, because it was someone she didn't know and she was busy studying. She said she also got a really strange feeling from the guy. Anyhow, he began knocking harder, and harder, and then tried for the handle. At that point she said she was walking to the door again so she could tell him that he had the wrong house and to go away, at which point he kicked in her door! The lock went flying and the door came crashing down, and she was standing face to face with this intruder in her apartment! :eek: She started screaming at him, but not hysterically, more like vulgar and angry things, and he looked at her, said "Oh ****" and turned around and darted. She darted out after him while on the phone with the police.

I was supposed to be there studying with her when this happened, but my dad came to town and I changed plans to spend time with him. I SO wish I was there, not only so whe would have not been alone, but because I would have gladly unloaded my mace on this guy and not only run after him but tackled him to the ground while she called the police! They did come and dust for finger prints and take the shoe print off the door, but unfortunately they rarely find people in situations like this.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Thats really scary. Hope the catch him. Is this in the same complex as you?

I had something like that happen to me when I was younger. A guy followed me home froma club. Knocked on my door. and I didn't answer. I was in bed with no clothes on. TMI, sorry. Next thing I know the guys is standing next to my bed. He went through the window.

T

·
0 Posts
I am going to go ahead and say it, but if I was her standing face to face I would have kicked him in his balls.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
chocolatecoverdlab said:
OMG Amanda! What did you do? That is so scarry!!!
Thing is I was on the phone, naked under my covers with the lights out. When I noticed him standing next to me I was pissed and asked what the hell he was doing? He than questioned me and asked who I was on the phone with. I snapped back the cops, I wasn't really on the phone with them. He than went out my front door.

I had no clue who this guy was. Never meet him before. He has seen me in the club. I was so scared, but was so pissed that

Crazy thing is he came back the next day and said I had stole a bunch of drugs and they were in my couch in my back room. He put them in there when he came in my window.He was standing there with another scary looking guy saying I stole his drugs. I grabbed the phone and called the cops. I moved out within two days.

Other crazy thing is. Dude actually asked me for my number a few months later when he seen me in the club. I didn't go to my house that night. I stayed at a friends house.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Yikes!!!

Well it sounds like he had the wrong house. I mean, his reaction of "Oh ****" when he saw her...I think he was expecting someone else. But still! Whose door was he trying to kick down?

Amanda, I'm so sorry that happened to you! If you're ever out driving by yourself, as you get closer and closer to home, watch that rear view mirror. If someone makes more than two turns behind me, I re-route or drive around. I don't go home if anyone is behind me. :-\ I started this policy when I was young and went out to clubs a lot, too.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I know better now. I don't go to clubs and if I am out late. Jerome is always with me. I was young , maybe 18 when this happened. I am much more aware of whats going on around me now.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
OK :) Just checking! It's really not something everyone thinks about. I am on my mom all the time about things like this. She's very trusting, which is great, but she doesn't always have a good CYA policy in place. :-\

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I had the samme thing as Amanda happen. I lived in a dorm though the type that has a balcony tyoe hall our rooms opened to the outside. I came home form drinking and went to bed same as Amanda. I hear the window slam up and my frind say what the ehll are you doing in there. I sit up and here a guy next to me say I'm looking for (insert another girls name) My friend hoped in the window and told him to leave. He had come through the window and she saw him. She also knew I did not hang out with him so she thought it was odd and checked it out. Needless to say I'm very glad she saw him.

If I was your friend I would have been very scared. Although I doubt anyone would kick in the door with my three barking like they do.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
EAK!!!! Those are all terrifying stories!!!

There was a streak of break-ins into young women's bedrooms around the university where I work a little while back. I lived in the neighbourhood, but with Charlie, so I wasn't too worried about it. Probably naive though.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
That is so scary! I'm so glad he left though either he didn't think anyone was home or had the wrong place. I hope they find him.

These stories kind of freak me out it's something you don't really think it happen to you but it really is possible. Makes me think I need to be more careful about some things.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it sounded like the guy was looking for someone he had beef with, or maybe to catch his wife cheating...something! But it is so terrifying...you feel violated and insecure no matter what after something like that. I know I did just having someone TRY to break in at night.

Geez, Amanda! I am so glad you are okay! You had your wits about you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts