Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I made my first batch of Kibbee (Syrian dish). I ground my own meat, 3 times, blended my spices and onion, added my wheat per my dad's directions and mixed them all together. yummmmm Tonight we will have it for supper so we will see if it is good.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Mmm, kibbee. I haven't had that in awhile. How did it turn out?

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It turned out fantastic!!! My dad's recipe is spot on!!! It was sooo good and since my dad's getting older (he'll be 82 this month) I decided to apply myself and quit being lazy and make my own. OH Man it hit the spot!!! I already make quite a few Syrian dishes and have for probably 30 years but was always scared to try making Kibbee for some reason. I now know I can do it so it's going to be a frequent dish in our home!!! I don't have to ask Dad to make it. Even tho it's always best when he cooks it (I tell him it's because he puts his sweet hands all over it and adds his TLC) I need to carry on the tradition. I make these Syrian butter cookies that melt in your mouth they are so good, no one else in our entire family makes them. They are really yummy but my grandma taught me and her's will always be the best. I sure do miss her. I've lost all my arabic language because she was the only one who spoke it. :( Anyway, I'll take some pics and add them later.
PS I love it raw too!! but try not to eat much that way. You know the raw food thing.:p

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
It turned out fantastic!!! My dad's recipe is spot on!!! It was sooo good and since my dad's getting older (he'll be 82 this month) I decided to apply myself and quit being lazy and make my own. OH Man it hit the spot!!! I already make quite a few Syrian dishes and have for probably 30 years but was always scared to try making Kibbee for some reason. I now know I can do it so it's going to be a frequent dish in our home!!! I don't have to ask Dad to make it. Even tho it's always best when he cooks it (I tell him it's because he puts his sweet hands all over it and adds his TLC) I need to carry on the tradition. I make these Syrian butter cookies that melt in your mouth they are so good, no one else in our entire family makes them. They are really yummy but my grandma taught me and her's will always be the best. I sure do miss her. I've lost all my arabic language because she was the only one who spoke it. :( Anyway, I'll take some pics and add them later.
PS I love it raw too!! but try not to eat much that way. You know the raw food thing.:p
You must post the recipe, please, so I can try making it for Bill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts