Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have something important to do at home (um... like pack for France) and I just don't want to do it, my favorite stall is to start cleaning glass. Not just cleaning, mind you, but polishing !

Like computer monitors. And the hall mirror that hasn't been touched in months. And that bedroom mirror... is it glass or is it made of tupperware? Better get on that one. Oh and that little crystal lab head I haven't touched in years! Come here ya little beauty... *spritz* polish polish polish.

I am extremely cautious to work far enough away from my suitcases that my tasks seem laudable instead of ridiculous. Those suitcases are mean reminders.

Tra-la!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Mine is to just get on the computer and post, read, and play away. I can stall for days and days using this method.;)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I like to pack and I am very, very good at it. Come here and clean - I will pack you up in a jiffy!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh Nance, I have a curio cabinet full of blown glass figurines that are crying to be polished! Please come over - I will pack for you while you spit and polish my treasures.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
If I was going somewhere I would be packed in a heartbeat- now if its chores, I am the great procrastinator!! Right now its painting I should be doing, but nope here I am!!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
This is very interesting to me. I think we need a gender tag on some of this. I know it wouldn't be 100% but in my house it is a case of two opposites.
(1) One of us likes to get it done know and have it behind him. Especially if it is an unpleasant task. Nap time then comes without guilt and is very satisfying. (This would be me.)
(2) One of us prefers to put it off as long as possible. Likes to let it rise to crisis level and then panic will set in. Naps are not satisfying because of all the work still ahead that hasn't been done. (This would be DW.)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I'd be so excited that I'm going to France, that I would have been packed weeks ago, as soon as I found out I was going. Heck with the cleaning.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
I'd be so excited that I'm going to France, that I would have been packed weeks ago, as soon as I found out I was going. Heck with the cleaning.
That's me all over!!!!!
Heck I would've packed and repacked a couple of times.:D
I love packing for a trip!!!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Nance -- You can come and stall at our house any time you want....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts