Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had pretty much only two songs playing all week. On repeat. Over and over and over. They are The Who: The Seeker, and The Allman Brothers: Midnight Rider. They are both bad ass. BAD ASS. I'm trying to learn Midnight Rider on my guitar. The Seeker is a lost cause for me.

What do you listen to over and over?

I've got to ruuuuuunnnn to keep from hidin....and I'm boooouunnnnnd to keep on ridin...I've got onnnne morrrrre silver dollar. And I'm not gonna let 'em catch me no, not gonna let 'em catch the midnight rider

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Lately it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers' version of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground."

I like both of the songs you're grooving, too, also.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Ooh, good choices.

I go through phases with songs. I have particular ones that I love for driving, though. I have a CD with songs I made for driving fast at night through a whole lot of nothing. It includes:

PJ Harvey, "Big Exit" and "Perfect Day"
Sonic Youth, "Hey Joni"
Jimi Hendrix, "All Along the Watchtower"
Led Zeppelin, "When the Levee Breaks"
The Who, "Who Are You?" "Bargain," "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Rolling Stones, "Gimme Shelter" (maybe my favorite song of all time)

Plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I listen to alot of 70's Rock. I couldn't even begin to list everything that I like from that era.
The Doors "L.A. Woman" Album is one of my favs.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i love "little red corvette" by prince or any of his older songs. he's one of my favorite singers.

and because i'm a mustang girl, my other favorite song is "mustang sally" although i'll fill it in with my name and sing it at the top of my lungs-it's my anthem when i go to the car shows with our 92 and our 65.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
It seems like every Spring I roll through John Hiatt, DMB, Allman Bros, Grinderswitch, Carlos Santanna. I don't have any idea why these artists become my focal point. Even though I am a grandpa, I still like my car's 6000 watt audio system crankin'. I refuse to grow up.

J

·
0 Posts
My all time FAVORITE song is AC/DC "Shook me all night long." It always makes me want to dance and puts me in a good mood ;D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
labs4life said:
It seems like every Spring I roll through John Hiatt, DMB, Allman Bros, Grinderswitch, Carlos Santanna. I don't have any idea why these artists become my focal point. Even though I am a grandpa, I still like my car's 6000 watt audio system crankin'. I refuse to grow up.

Oh man! Haven't listened to John Hiatt in forever. I'll have to break some out! I've been listening to a lot of DMB lately. Love love love DMB. ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts