Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we are in the trolley awaiting our DC tour. This is the day after the wedding. I'm at the back of the trolley in the blue jacket/pink top

Different camera angle, that is my son leaning on his hand, and don't ask what the heck i was doing with my hand?

And most of us at the Capitol Building. I'm in the pink top/white shorts.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Your son is adorable - I noticed him in the first pic right away, before you said it was your son. Great smile!! :)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Nice pictures! :)

Did you have fun??

We are going to DC in July and the kids and I are really looking forward to it. I keep having to explain to my 5 year old that we will not be seeing the President. ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pictures! :)

Did you have fun??

We are going to DC in July and the kids and I are really looking forward to it. I keep having to explain to my 5 year old that we will not be seeing the President. ;)
YES we had a great day. I would highly recommend taking a trolley or bus tour, its the best way to get around, your passes are good for the whole day and you can get off at any of the stops. Another trolley comes along every 10 minutes. Traffic is insane, i mean insane. Take Toronto in rushhour and multiply that times 20. We took the Metro train into DC too. The cost for the tour trolley is $35.00 each for adults but worth it. Metro was about $10.00 each way. Another suggestion, take some of your food with you, not that I would even attempt to eat at McDonalds, but at the Air and Space Museum a Big Mac by itself is $7.99!! There are tons of benches and parklike spots to sit if you pack your own. DC is one of the most beautiful places I have visited, there is so much to see. It really makes our Capitol look like a village. I hope you enjoy it, oh and tell Cameron, I didn't get to meet the President either, LOL.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Great pics! I can't remember- were you there this past weekend? We just got back from DC Monday evening. Traffic was worse then normal Sunday because of the Rolling Thunder Rally (which is one of the reasons we went).

YES we had a great day. I would highly recommend taking a trolley or bus tour, its the best way to get around, your passes are good for the whole day and you can get off at any of the stops...
Yes, the trolley and Tour Mobiles are definitely worth it. We did the TM a few years ago. We've walked the mall many times, too.

...oh and tell Cameron, I didn't get to meet the President either, LOL.
We got to see him. We had pretty good spots at The Tomb of The Unknown for the wreath laying. President Obama passed a few yards in front of us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.