Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, pretty much. I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday at a different place than normal. I thought everything was fine yesterday and then when I woke up this morning, I couldn't open my eyes. Think I should call the spa tomorrow?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
oh my gosh...how horrible. Do you think it is an allergic reaction?
I would definately call the spa...and then maybe your doctor?

cold compresses in the meantime. Hope you can get the swelling down.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
That's weird. :-\

Your eyelids are swollen too? Did the salon use a "calming lotion" after the waxing process was complete? If so, maybe you were allergic to the lotion??

Try some Benedryl. And yes, if your eyeslids are still swollen tomorrow, I would probably be giving them a call.

Feel better!

·
0 Posts
SOunds like an allergic reaction to me, too. I hope you are feeling better soon!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Oh you poor girl! I agree with Anne on the calming lotion allergy. Hope you're better soon!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha, they're not completely swollen- Though I definitely won't be driving today.

I have the computer set up at a weird angle so I can see it. I have trial brief due this week- and my professor does not care if I had a traumatic spa experience or not :p

I'm off to try ice and benadryl! thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Oh I know this feeling! I developed a reaction to Maybelline mascara. The entire eye area on both eyes swelled up like a balloon. I'd try the cold compresses, ice and benedryl as was suggested above.

Definitely call the spa and find out what products they use so you can avoid this in the future.

Feel better!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I had the same thing happen when I used a new salon for waxing. My face turned beat red and felt hot to touch. IT was awful. Luckily, it went away the next day.

When I told my regular wax girl, she said she had heard they reuse their wax. :-X Eww. Ick. Not sure what it was, but I never went back.

I hope you feel better quickly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts