Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new hot water heater to the tune of around $675 after installed. Which isn't that bad since one company wanted $1100! :eek: Fortunately, the superintendent I work with knew someone who could do it for us. Isn't home ownership grand! ;D

RIP old hot water heater.....you did a great job for 12+ years.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
That bites. Ours went out last spring about this time. Luckily we still had our home owners warranty in place so it covered it all except the $45 permit (which the company didn't even get but that's another story)

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Homes are continuous bottomless pits...it never ends. Didn't your central a/c konk out on your a couple of summers ago?? You're not alone my dear...I've learned it never pays to do extra work to make some play money...it always winds up going for some repair around here.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
einsteins legacy said:
Homes are continuous bottomless pits...it never ends. Didn't your central a/c konk out on your a couple of summers ago?? You're not alone my dear...I've learned it never pays to do extra work to make some play money...it always winds up going for some repair around here.
Yeppers; that was me, too!! That was a birthday present!! LOL
I'm about to start a parttime job at home for my best friend. I guess I know where my first paycheck will be sent!
And yeh, I can't wait for them to get it going again; I need a hot shower BAD!!!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me on how well my house can time a major malfunction. One day before vacation,hot water tank, sewer line plugged on the day of a big party. Never did we have a problem when we had the extra $$$ to spare.

Enjoy your hot water!!!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
That stinks, SU wants to get a tankless one. We don't need one our house is only 2 years old. Keep your receipt you can claim it on your taxes this year for high efficiency products deduction. Our accountant told us about it this year.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
labs4life said:
It never ceases to amaze me on how well my house can time a major malfunction. One day before vacation,hot water tank, sewer line plugged on the day of a big party. Never did we have a problem when we had the extra $$$ to spare.

Enjoy your hot water!!!!
did you say extra $$$ to spare??? what's that??

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's just one of those things you gotta have. You'll enjoy that long hot shower once it's up and running. Stupid story but we just threw out a perfectly good one by accident. The husband took it outside to clean it and when he reconnected it we couldn't get any hot water. We thought we damged it so we went to Lowes and bought another one. We installed it and no hot water. It's 8pm on a Sunday night and we've been working all day. I NEED A HOT SHOWER. Long story short we didn't know it took several hours for the hot water to build up. ::)

Make sure you get it installed early to let the hot water build up. Otherwise you'll go batty wondering WTH just happened.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
einsteins legacy said:
labs4life said:

Enjoy your hot water!!!!
did you say extra $$$ to spare??? what's that??
Extra money is the loose change found in the bottom of the washing machine........well,for us anyways,lately :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts