Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To say that i'm seriously lucky to have my parents is an understatement. I know my dad is pretty proud of this deck.. the first one he has ever built. A friend of ours helped get him started, but he did 90% of it himself. I helped when i could.. but like painting, he tends not to let me do anything =)

Anyway.. here's the almost final product.. we need to put some lattice on the bottom to make it look finished.. and because tucker wraps himself around a post every single f'in time he goes outside..!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh.. and that gazebo is NOT the one i posted here that i had settled on.. that one was sold out.. so my dad picked this one up.. it's 10x12 and the reason i didn't want it is because it covers half that window that i plan on cutting into a patio door next year.. or eventually.. whichever comes first.. but i have to say.. that gazebo is pure bliss.. i'm so happy i got it.. i'll use the deck so much more now.

I highly recommend it to anyone.. it's my little piece of paradise out there.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Nice!!! Dad did an excellent job on the deck! I assume you have steps that lead down to the yard? Suggestion - ask Dad to build a wooden gate that latches closed so you can put the pups out on the deck and not have to worry about them. :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stairs are to the right in that picture.. that's where the driveway is.

I think a gate is a good idea.. dad suggested it but i balked, but tucker took off a couple of times when i tried to block it off with chairs and various objects.. so i think that's probably something worth revisiting. I was just unsure of how it would fare in the winter with snow.. but maybe i can take it off for that.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I love deck pictures! =)

It looks awesome, Kel. You'll enjoy many shaded days & mosquito-free evenings out there! I have a gate on a wheel with an iron latch on my deck. No escapee labs, thanks! of course, my yard isn't fenced, so it's quite important that he can't get off the deck.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Well this is the only picture I could find of the gate Paul made when he did the deck. It's held up for 10+ years, winter/spring/summer/fall. You can't see the whole thing, but can get the general idea.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Awesome! I want a gazebo (we don't use our deck very much because of the mosquitos). Your dad does good work.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Awesome!! I just pressure washed mine this weekend, was thinking of you!! It looks really great!! Good job Kelli's dad!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Kelli, you and Dad should be VERY proud of that deck, and the gazebo! I am so envious, I would love to have that on the back of my house some day.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Wow your dad did an awesome job!!!!! That gazebo looks like it will fit a hot tub in there!! Hmmm?????

1 - 20 of 42 Posts