Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good God. They're acting like I brought Willard into the house. Psshhhh! And Megan! The one I thought would be so loving and nurturing! She's worried SICK over this new little creature! Maybe she just wants to be in charge of her. That would be very Megan-like. They're acting a little bit better today, but yesterday afternoon and evening it was Drama Central.

She has no apparent fear of the dogs, but she does zip like lightning to hide from them. I guess that's just caution. If I sit on the couch with her she will let Meggie lick and niff on her. Seamus is overcoming his wide-eyed curiosity (what IS that thing, mom?), Rusty feels the need to herd her (and does) and Flynn just can't believe he's not getting all the attention for the moment. BARK! BARK BARK BARK BARK I SAID BARK!

But, she's adorable. Very snuggy with me, finally playful once I closed us in the bedroom together and eventually I got some purring out of her. Win!

I've been wondering how Paddy would have responded. Probably would have given a few very deep growls then closed his eyes with a heavy sigh, thinking:

"Here we go again..."

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I think you are right about Megan wanting to be in charge, and it upsets her that the little one runs away from her.

How do Darwin and Scamp feel about the newest member of the family? I would imagine the littlest ones would be the most inquisitive.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right about Megan wanting to be in charge, and it upsets her that the little one runs away from her.

How do Darwin and Scamp feel about the newest member of the family? I would imagine the littlest ones would be the most inquisitive.
Scamp would like to see her gone (he is NOT gentle!), Darwin is indifferent. But Dar has a minor leg owie today and he's more concerned with himself than anything or anyone else at the moment.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wait! Where are the pics?! :)

Does she sleep in the bed with you?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait! Where are the pics?! :)

Does she sleep in the bed with you?
I've got a couple of pics to post in a sec, but they aren't of Hope. They are pics of her guardians. *rolleyes*

She didn't sleep with me last night. I didn't want to try that yet... the boys didn't need that displacement right off the bat and it would have been disaster trying them all together! Maybe tonight. Maybe.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm loving hearing about this newest addition Nance. Giggling a little. Keep the updates coming, I'm curious to see who will adapt to her first.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I love hearing about her too, but don't have much time to make many posts. I'm so glad everyone is settling in. :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Awww Brave little Hope. I'm sure everyone will settle down.... eventually. Keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Scamp would like to see her gone (he is NOT gentle!), Darwin is indifferent. But Dar has a minor leg owie today and he's more concerned with himself than anything or anyone else at the moment.
Oh dear, I do hope the little Prince is okay. :(

Now Scamp, young man, you need to learn to be nice and gentle with Hope, or she will show you how to mind your manners!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts