Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is 6 weeks early and weighs 3lbs 13oz :eek: .
They were going to leave tomorrow to come up to see family here in Wyoming but wont be making that trip. I am glad that the baby didn't come while they were trying to make the trip up here.
This will be their first and only child, She has had such a hard time getting preg. and keeping a baby that its not worth the risks.
I should be getting some pictures sometime today or tomorrow. I am so excited!!
They got to hold her this morning but it was just a little to much for the baby to take so they only got a very short time with holding her.
If you think about it today can you send some good growing thoughts for the baby?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Congrats! Sending good thoughts and prayers for baby and family.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Definitely! My youngest son was 5 weeks premature, so my heart goes out to them. He spent a few weeks in NICU (he wasn't breathing at all when he was born so he had some catching up to do), but now...he's very healthy, intelligent, and has always done things extremely early for his age. I hope their little girl's future will be the same. :)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers for the little darling; and by way of encouragement; my boys were 6 weeks early nearly a year ago, and they're (GBT) robust little 50th and 75th percentile big boys now, so I'm sure all will be well. It's a scary thing to go through, but know that there are plenty of babies that are born early like that and catch-up so nicely that you'd never know they weren't full term.

Hugs to the Mom and Dad too, boy do I remember going through it, they're going to need a lot of support until they have their baby safely out of the NICU and home.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Many good thoughts to the baby and family. This is not uncommon and I am sure she will be fine. She just wasn't done cookin' yet, she will catch up. :)

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Lots of prayers for Carson and family. Please keep us updated!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts