Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out tonight that my cousin has cancer. It is in her lungs, liver and brain. She is in her forties. Her mom died of cancer when she was 49. She is the guardian of her brother, who is 37 and has down syndrome. I just feel so bad for them. :'( I'm also worried about her brother, Robert. Her husband said he will continue to care for him if she passes (my Aunts words. I was thinking "IF?"). They tried to install a port today for her to receive chemo treatments but her lungs were filled with fluid so they drained them and will try again tomorrow my Aunt said. If you could send a prayer up for them it would be greatly appreciated. This is going to sound bad, but why the good people? Why not child molesters and rapists and murderers? Or even just plain old assholes?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I'm so sorry, she is very young. It is very frustrating that things like this happen to people that are good people. I wish I understood it.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
I'm so sorry. Prayers and good thoughts for your cousin and her family. ***sigh***

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
I'm so sorry Sonya. My good thoughts and prayers to your cousin, her family and you.

This is going to sound bad, but why the good people? Why not child molesters and rapists and murderers? Or even just plain old assholes?
Yes it's always the good people. :( I often think about that myself.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
My prayers are with all of you! Have her hubby get a order of guardianship for Robert now, I know in NJ the state will jump in if nothing is in place and your cousin is unable to care for her brother. Prayers for all! What is her first name I will add her and Robert to our special intention list at church?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Our prayers are on their way.

CindersMyGirl said:
This is going to sound bad, but why the good people? Why not child molesters and rapists and murderers? Or even just plain old assholes?
Life is terribly unfair sometimes.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry. Good thoughts going out to all of you.

...This is going to sound bad, but why the good people? Why not child molesters and rapists and murderers?...
Exactly what I asked when my Dad and someone I worked with were both diagnosed with cancer. It's just not fair.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
CindersMyGirl said:
This going to sound bad, but why the good people? Why not child molesters and rapists and murderers? Or even just plain old assholes?
I hear ya there. Man DO I HEAR YA!!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm so sorry. :'(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts