Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took the dogs on a walk in the countryside this afternoon, it was just under freezing at -2 and there was a little frost on the ground. The puddles and lakes were frozen over and we saw several little robin red breasts.

As we turned a corner through the winter sunshine we saw this beautiful stately home. It's called Chillington Hall and I thought it was quite photogenic.

Now if only I could win the lottery!

On the approach.

Chillington with it's resident flock of sheep.

Framed by some of it's ancient trees.

Lord and Labs of the Manor....if only!! lol

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
As we turned a corner through the winter sunshine we saw this beautiful stately home. It's called Chillington Hall and I thought it was quite photogenic.

Now if only I could win the lottery!
It is handsome!

But it might take more than even the lottery to keep up with utilities, insurance, taxes, building and grounds maintenance, etc. :)

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
It is handsome!

But it might take more than even the lottery to keep up with grounds maintenance, etc. :)
That's what the sheep are for, they cut the grass and fertilize it at the same tim. Woodrow Wilson did that at the Whitehouse during the time he lived there. Think of the Carbon Credits they could get today for that.:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Wonderful photo's- Is Chillington Hall empty? It looks a bit scary to me.
You don't like the wind, the cold and now you are afraid of ghosts, geeeez.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
IF ONLY! Just let the dogs out the front door and their wouldnt be a limit on how many you had cos look at all that space!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
WOW that is stunning! I love it!!

But it might take more than even the lottery to keep up with utilities, insurance, taxes, building and grounds maintenance, etc.
Danny Downer. :p

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That would be a great episode of Ghost Hunters or Ghost Hunters International!! :)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
What a beautiful place. It's so romantic with the sheep and the old trees. If you could afford to live there, you could afford a cleaning staff! And a couple of Great Pyrannes dogs to guard the sheep. Three or four labs lying next to the huge fireplace in the great hall. I can feel myself there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts