·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Olive oil. XV olive oil.
oooooooooooooo...
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
mmmmmmmmmm!

You have to remember I'm an XV to this cooking stuff myself, so I'm trying lots of new things. Well, some new things added to stuff Tud used to make.

:)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
You like Olive Oil?

Take some plain, dry pasta, linguini, fettucini, spaghetti, whatever you have. Boil til al dente, drain pasta & reserve some of the pasta water. Finely chop 5 or so large cloves of garlic. While pasta is boiling, In a lg skillet, heat 4-6TBSP Extra Virgin olive oil, not so hot as to smoke. lower heat & cook garlic about 3 or 4 min , careful not to brown or burn it. season with salt & fresh pepper. drain pasta, add oil & garlic, toss in a few handfulls of chopped fresh parsley & some chopped, drained, oil-packed sundried tomatoes. Toss in whatever you like, really. Add some of the reserved pasta water to reach desired smoothness. Sprinkle generously with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

So simple. So good. =)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
another one.

A wonderful loaf of handmade bread (Baguette, Italian - whatever) sliced into rounds
A dish of EVO with a little fresh pepper ground into it.
some sliced fresh mozzerella
some roasted peppers

dip, stack, enjoy

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Slice some Italian or French bread into diagonals, drizzle with a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and grill. When toasty, rub each slice with a fresh clove of garlic. Enjoy with that delicious pasta T described!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
seed and chop tomatoe's, dice onion fine and mince some fresh garlic, cut up a little fresh basil add a little olive oil and serve on toast. \

Also if you have a Trader Joe's nearby they are the place to buy Olive Oil. It is much cheaper and always good quality.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Also if you have a Trader Joe's nearby they are the place to buy Olive Oil. It is much cheaper and always good quality
Or a Kirkland (house brand) at Costco. And pick up a 1 liter bottle of their Balsamic Vinegar, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts