Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cell phone totally crapped out yesterday. I thought maybe the battery was just bad but it doesn't even work plugged in or when I switched for SU's battery. I can't upgrade until next week. I am looking at the Samsung Glyde. Anybody have this one?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
This is one we looked out when we got new ones last month. It didn't get very good reviews compared to others we looked at. Jason looked at it more than I did and he didn't like the way it felt. The display was too small for the touch screen to work very well - at least when he played with it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/samsung-glyde-sch-u940/4505-6454_7-32987449.html

Also, did you call them? I'd be surprised if they wouldn't let you upgrade a week early.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I called them and they said I was already in the 4 month early part and I would have to eait a week or wouldn't get the extra $50 credit they give us. I want the $50.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Ah, that makes sense. Do you still have an old phone? You can have them re-activate that so you aren't completely phone-less for a week.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We might have an old phone somewhere. Now finding the charger is a whole other problem. One of my friends at work is giving me one of theirs in case I can't find one.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I wanted the Samsung Glyde but the lady at the Verizon store said to stay away from it. So many unhappy customers. She even told me to stay away from Samsung phones altogether. I ended up going with the LG Voyager.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted the Samsung Glyde but the lady at the Verizon store said to stay away from it. So many unhappy customers. She even told me to stay away from Samsung phones altogether. I ended up going with the LG Voyager.

Thanks. I like the Voyager but it's more than I want to spend. My max is $100. I am on my 3rd LG phone. This is my firstphone that has ever died like this.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I feel your pain.

I'm trying to figure out what to get next month.

I really like the video reviews on cnet. IT gives you a good look at the phone, plus they are honest about features they don't like. For example, I just watched a review for the Samsung Propel and the girl said they don't like the keys, as they can be slippery. This is something I probably would not have noticed in store looking at it.

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully I can get the same deal as you guys! It says $159.99 bwith a 2 year contract. We will se what the store offers. Do you guys use the mobile web also?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
When we signed up last month it came with web and mobile tv free for one month. I'm going to keep mine, but Jason isn't.

Oh, Jason got a Voyager too and even the second phone was only $100. So I'm sure you'll find a much better deal in the store.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you guys get the Titanium version. Oh and thanks for the link for the reviews that has been helpful.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
They only have one version to choose. I actually don't know what model/number it is or anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts