Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forrest, one of our 4 cats is sick. He's almost 8 years old.
As of Sunday he won't eat or drink. At yesterdays vet visit he was dehydrated so he got fluids and they an xray that is showing "something dense" in or on his liver. I am waiting to hear about the blood test results.
Our regular vet referred us to a specialty vet so that he could have an ultrasound done to get a better look at his liver.
I am so worried. I really hate to pick favorites but he really is my favorite cat.

He spent about 16 straight hours sleeping in our bed yesterday to this morning.
Edited to add a picture

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I'm sorry...... I hope you can find out what's going on and be able to fix it..... keeping your kitty in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Sam. :( I know how worried you are. Prayers that it turns out to be nothing.

I'll be watching for an update.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Sending good thoughts your way for Forrest. Look at his little black chin... awww he's such a doll. I hope he gets better really soon.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey Sam, update? How's our boy?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He is better. He ate yesterday and again this morning. He also drank quite a bit right before I came to work.
The ultrasound shows he has severe pancreatitis. The vet that did the ultrasound was just a specialty vet. They are sending the results to our regular vet to treat him. They said the biggest thing right now is to get him eating and staying hydrated.
I am waiting for the vet to get the results and call me today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts