Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is 20 and very immature. He goes to school half-heartedly (it has taken him 2+ years and he is still a year from an associates degree) and has never worked. My mom babies him and lets him get away with this stuff. He has been addicted to playing WoW (world of warcraft) since high school.

Over Thanksgiving he and I drove up separately to Nashville to see our dad. Denny and I drove home, but Evan decided to disappear...no one knew where he was for like 4 days. It turns out he drove to Austin (TX) to see this girl he met online, probably thru WoW. They were in love, he was going to move there, etc.

By December he had moved on to this new girl, from NY. :rofl: She flew down and stayed at my mom's house with him over New Years. She just joined the AF and they have still been communicating by text and phone (limited while she was in basic training). He flew down to San Antonio to see her about a week ago when she graduated.

Apparently they decided that they too were in love and got married by the base chaplain.

This week they decided they were not in love and want to get the marriage annulled. :rofl:

My mom is just FURIOUS. I just think he is a giant dumbass. She has already contacted a lawyer to see if it can be annulled. If it isn't and he has to be considered divorced, he will lose his dependent status and can't be added back to her health ins, claimed on taxes, etc. She will let this all blow over, I'm sure, and he'll be back to the status quo. I'm wondering how old he will be when he finally moves out...30? Maybe he'll find someone else to marry in the meantime! Really...how can you marry someone from the interwebs you have only met twice in RL? (The second time being the time you get married...rofl).

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
He should get married the way my aunt used to: Have the ceremony in the living room with only the bride and groom present. She was legally married 5 times, and married in her living room many more times than that. The ones in the living room made the divorces a lot easier. :)

One of my brothers sounds like yours. He is so in love with the idea of being in love, that every girl he meets is "the one". Little difference, he is 40 and still behaves this way. He was "in love" with one girl, took her to Mexico for a week in March . . . showed up at Easter dinner with the new girl he is "in love" with. Next month . . . who knows!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yikes!!!! I'm sure it can be annulled after only 1 week though.

What scares me is that she is in the Air Force. :shocked:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
not good...if it makes you feel better my younger brother is still at home. He is 32 and still doesn't have a "real" job. and bounces from girl to girl. and my parents think he is the best. I just smile when my dad has to brag about the latest and greatest from him.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Seems there is a whole generation of men in there 20's and 30's, just hanging out at home with Mommy and Daddy! How can that be, really?? Men actually want to live with Mom and Dad?? I find the whole concept mind boggling!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd like to know what he does for money if he doesn't work? How can he afford a car and gas to drive to Texas?
My mom pays for everything...car, insurance, gas.

And yeah...Denny and I have already discussed how our little boy is NOT turning out this way...lol. My mom is a very permissive parent, to say the least.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Question, how do you get laid living with Mom & Dad?

When I was in my 20's if a guy lived at home (without a VERY good reason) I would run for the hills. Different generation though, we all moved out in university. We were proud to pay our own way and work while attending school.

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
My 23 year old son still lives at home - is a FT student and works FT. He makes nowhere near enough to move out. It's pretty freaking expensive here.

Once he graduates I do expect he will find a higher paying job and will be out - he wants out as badly as I want him out.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
My 23 year old son still lives at home - is a FT student and works FT. He makes nowhere near enough to move out. It's pretty freaking expensive here.

Once he graduates I do expect he will find a higher paying job and will be out - he wants out as badly as I want him out.
That is becoming the case more and more and I encouraged my daughters to stay home as long as possible to put some savings together.

I was one of 7 kids so I moved out at 18 to make room for the others. Of course that was 32 years ago. There were so many kids in such a small house I think it took my mom and dad 3 years to realize I didn't live there anymore. It wasn't like they did roll call everyday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.