Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of Ranger when he was about 1 yr old

If you look at my siggy, you can see how gray he is getting at 7 yrs.

And Reggie who just turned 11 this year, no gray/white at all. Here's pic of him from last year's lab fest

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I can feel your pain. Buddy just turned 9 and he looks like he got into a sack of powdered sugar.
:(

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like Buddy and Ranger will be distinguished older gentlemen.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I think it's the 7 year white phase - I just noticed the other day how white Yeller's face is too. (she's 7)

It's so sad to have a visual reminder they are getting older.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's so sad to have a visual reminder they are getting older.
I know what you mean, with Ranger turning 7 this year it means I have an all senior household.

G

·
It is always a hard way, to see that you're Labrador is getting older :-X

But when they get old, they've always look so wise ;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Boomer started getting gray at just 2 years of age. Although, I've noticed that the salt & pepper has climbed a little farther up his muzzle, and also started on his legs. He will be 6 in August.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, I hate that reminder also....my girl is now 10 and now has some gray on her ears even...and the walks are just a tad bit slower now...having a puppy also I can say there is a lot of great things about having a senior dog....but also a little sad knowing the years are going by a lot faster now than what we would wish...
Debbie

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
ok Jeanne then that means it's time for a puppy ;D

Reggie not only has no gray but he has a baby face. He looks about 5-6, NOT 11.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Nellie is also turning very white. I'm guessing that in a couple of years she will have a white mask covering her face. Her feet are also turning white. :(

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reggie not only has no gray but he has a baby face. He looks about 5-6, NOT 11
He also doesn't act his age, does he Susan? :) Granted he is not up for a 5 mile run in the country but he certainly is no old man. I am hoping it means he'll be around for a long long time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts