Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night around 9:00 my boss called (my new pastor) and said with the snow coming down the way it is, not to worry about making it to work today. Awwww, wasn't that sweet? However, I did make it in and had nothing to do because he is working on what I need. :laugh: Anyway, this job has been a true blessing, I'm so glad I changed jobs. BTW, the Pastard emails me weekly telling me what a good job the new girl is doing. He brags on her catching on so quick (he doesn't know she calls me several times a week and I help her) but since he hired her, she can't work on Monday's but works 20 hours the rest of the week, which leaves him answering the phone on Monday and he hates it!!! lol When I stopped by the church to see the daycare and my friends in the food bank, he looked so dejected. He just kept telling me how good things were working out but how dire their financial situation is since several people have left since I did. I hate to see that wonderful church fail, those people deserve better than him. According to my friends there, he's really been down since I left. I'm sure I'm not the reason as I was his pain in the neck. :laugh: I sure hope things work out for that church.

·
Registered
957 Posts
That is really nice that he called and did that!

My boss won't but I work in municipal gov't so I really have to go. and she only lives like a km from me so she knows exactly what my drive is like!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Glad the new job is going so well! How is the older gentleman doing that you used to take food too?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Glad your new job is going so well. :D

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dipete said:
Glad the new job is going so well! How is the older gentleman doing that you used to take food too?
Oh my sweet friend is doing well though he often reminds me that he misses my cooking. ( Now I am cooking for my Mom & Dad who have had health issues for the past 3 weeks.) We met for lunch a few weeks back and are about due to do it again. Thank you for asking. {{HUGS}}

I guess that God wanted me to appreciate how good I have it now by my suffering at my old job :laugh: :laugh: Not a day goes by that I don't thank him for the new job and my new boss!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts