Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a deposit in the overnight box yesterday morning the money didn't post until 3pm. Another deposit was made today and I went online to transfer money and none is available yet :suspious: WTH?

T

·
0 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
I made a deposit in the overnight box yesterday morning the money didn't post until 3pm. Another deposit was made today and I went online to transfer money and none is available yet :suspious: WTH?
That's weird that you say this, it took some money that I deposited 1 weeks to show up and I deposited cash...are they using our money and not depositing it :suspious: :whistle: :laugh:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I switched to a credit union several years ago and love it. Everything is free, including checks, and no more problems or charges. When the money is deposited it is there for use. Also their interest rates are always lower than banks.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I can do deposits through my ATM and it shows up immediately. Weird, I don't think I've used a night deposit box in years. Didn't realize they still had those.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wendy said:
I can do deposits through my ATM and it shows up immediately. Weird, I don't think I've used a night deposit box in years. Didn't realize they still had those.
It's a 1 horse town bank :D

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Don't know about the processes in your bank but I would think it is similar. We open the night drop once a day. Once. If something is dropped in after we open it, it won't be processed until the next day. Generally anything in the night drop gets processed by a teller during that day. We process first thing in the morning, but your bank may not. Their online system may not be real time. If it only updates once a day--that may be why your money didn't show up online. Not all banks have real time online banking. It is a more expensive program and a lot of smaller banks haven't upgraded to real time.
Regina, your deposit puzzles me--don't know why a deposit wouldn't show up for a week, unless they processed it but delayed availability until the funds could be collected. Cash should be available immediately. I would call and ask why it took so long. There are federal regulations about the availability of deposits--and cash is supposed to be available immediately.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I strongly discourage my store managers from using the night deposit after we lost all the cash out of one deposit. Eventually the teller was busted and fired and we got the credit for the deposit - but MAN what a giant hassle it was!

The other thing we had happen recently was that checks in a deposit - made in person with a validated deposit slip - got charged back to my store because the GD bank LOST them and we had no photocopy as back up for the actual check. So - we were out the value of both checks - several hundred dollars. I could not understand why this became our problem. Now we photocopy all the checks (and soon will be scanning them into a file). Just extra work for us.

T

·
0 Posts
JeffersonsMom said:
Don't know about the processes in your bank but I would think it is similar. We open the night drop once a day. Once. If something is dropped in after we open it, it won't be processed until the next day. Generally anything in the night drop gets processed by a teller during that day. We process first thing in the morning, but your bank may not. Their online system may not be real time. If it only updates once a day--that may be why your money didn't show up online. Not all banks have real time online banking. It is a more expensive program and a lot of smaller banks haven't upgraded to real time.
Regina, your deposit puzzles me--don't know why a deposit wouldn't show up for a week, unless they processed it but delayed availability until the funds could be collected. Cash should be available immediately. I would call and ask why it took so long. There are federal regulations about the availability of deposits--and cash is supposed to be available immediately.
That's what I was thinking too, it never, ever took that long, like you said, it's usually there right away for me if I need it, something went wrong, I should go down there and find out, but I'm being lazy :laugh: If it happens again, I'm definitely heading down there. :no:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
BigBrownDog said:
I strongly discourage my store managers from using the night deposit after we lost all the cash out of one deposit. Eventually the teller was busted and fired and we got the credit for the deposit - but MAN what a giant hassle it was!

The other thing we had happen recently was that checks in a deposit - made in person with a validated deposit slip - got charged back to my store because the GD bank LOST them and we had no photocopy as back up for the actual check. So - we were out the value of both checks - several hundred dollars. I could not understand why this became our problem. Now we photocopy all the checks (and soon will be scanning them into a file). Just extra work for us.
That is exactly why my bank only opens night drop under dual control. All deposits are listed as they are removed (dual control still) and then the teller initials off on each deposit as it is processed.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ended up calling and the gal had to manually transfer my money. By 4pm it was all fine. :confused:

I was kinda nervous about using my debit card.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts