Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday my MIL and SIL's threw me a baby shower at MIL’s house. There were about FORTY women there! All my girlfriends came, plus family and plenty of family friends (my MIL calls it pay-back time, lol). There were lots and lots of food, and even more gifts for Baby T! Unfortunately it was cold and yucky out, so I didn’t get to wear my cute skirt, oh well…

Here are some links to a few pics… I forgot my camera, so these are my friends' pics, so there aren’t any pics of anyone else really. I should have had them take some pics of what was going on around the house, it was jammed! We only received a few duplicates (darn Walmart registry didn’t work out so well), 2 tubs – so we left on at the in-laws, and 2 highchairs – so we took one back and bought our crib mattress.

I’ll warn you, I can definitely notice my face is getting chubbier! I have less than 7 weeks to go to the official due date (I was 33 weeks on Friday), but wouldn’t it be nice to go anytime after 38 weeks (pray that I don’t go over, I’m already getting uncomfortable)!

The Girls:

My BFF and I:

The gift stash, piled in the baby’s room (with CoCo showcasing):

Here is the crib the in-laws gave us, which I LOVE (its a convertable, goes to a toddler bed, day bed, and a double bed!):

CoCo says…. But I’M the baby!

Oh, and here are the shower favours I made up, with left over containers from our wedding favours... I put 2 flavoured tea packets and 2 mini Hershey chocolate bars in each...

We are going to a HUGE sale of used baby stuff next weekend, and hope to pick up what we don't have yet... its so much fun! Although, DH has already decided that he hates folding baby clothes.... haha.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
That's a lotta loot!!

I love the room, it looks so bright and fun ;D Nemo fits right in lol

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Fun!!!! I loved my baby shower (way better than the wedding one!) Lots of good stuff!!!!

You look beautiful!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AbbyandMolly said:
Nemo fits right in lol
Nemo was actually a gift from CoCo! I think my MIL might have helped her pic it out though... lol. I laughed when I opened the card.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Aww Jo! You look so cute!

I love the bright colors in the room - it's so cheerful!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
You look awesome, Jo!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
You look great, Jo!!! And I know it is cliche, but you really are glowing.

Looks like you guys got a lot of wonderful stuff. I love that your MIL bought you a gift from Coco!! :)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone... I feel like a heffer, but its still nice to hear! ha!

IzzyLucyWillie said:
Three words for you ....Thank you notes. OMG you are going to be busy!!!!
I asked everyone to write their addresses on empty envelopes before they left... So at least I don't have to address them all! I do need to write them though, and the sooner the better!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Great pictures Jo Looks like you have a lot of support from your family and friends. I love the babies room too you did a great job.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
You look awesome!

CoCo looks likes she's ready to be a big sister!! :D

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
You look great! And I love the baby's room. It looks so bright and cheerful. Sounds like you had a fun shower.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You look great!!!!

Hope you had a fabulous time.....i just had my bridal shower a week ago....my hand hurts from writing thank you notes.....i finally finished them last night.. i had 42 ppl at mine..it was fun...but still have to put everything where it belongs....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Just seeing this now. I think you look adorable, Jo! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts