Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spoken of this guy before. He's the only one in our department with a laptop and claims he's working from home constantly (instead of taking sick days, vacation, etc.). He's loud and obnoxious. He makes a comment after any of us speaks in our daily meeting, and then laughs at himself like he's funny or something. If he hears someone talking to any of us in our cubicles, he comes running over and butts in. I could go on and on....

So last week he asked if I could pick him up at a service shop on the way to work today, so he could drop off his car. Sure no problem, it's on my way. Friday he asked me what time I leave my house, I told him between 7 and 7:15, depending. So then he tells me he is going to be there at 7:15. Now mind you, it's 20 minutes away from my house so I got up earlier this morning so I could be there at 7:15 and he didn't have to wait for me.

7:15....
7:20....
Called cell, went right to vm.
7:27....
Called cell again, vm.
7:35....
7:40....
Cell again, right to vm.
7:45....SCREW IT, I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!

So I get to work - LATE - and he calls me at 8:05 and says he just woke up!!! Are you kidding me? He's not here yet, but now I'm afraid he's going to ask me again tomorrow. Seriously? NO!!! I'm sorry, but I think what he did is extremely rude!! Am I wrong - would you??
:mmph:

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Rude and inconsiderate.

If he asks for tomorrow, hand him a bus schedule.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Tell him to get a taxi or make other arrangements, jeeze. That was really rude, especially since it made you late to work on top of everything else.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!! My temper was hot when I got here this morning.
He's still not here yet....

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Seriously, if he has the balls to ask you again, I would tell him straight up that what he did was rude and you would never consider doing him another favor. Some people just have no manners.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
What a jerk. If he asks for tomorrow simply tell him no, you can't. Nothing more. You don't need to explain yourself.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
My first instict is to tell him yes, and then "forget" to meet him there in the morning . . . but that would be mean, inconsiderate, and rude. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well he showed up at 10 (HELLO?! You live 20 minutes away, why did it take 2 hours?!). He came over and said "I'm really sorry" and then walked away. Didn't ask me for another ride.

Yet.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I HATE being late for anything. I'm borderline obsessive about it. I would rather be 30 minutes early than 1 minute late, so yeah, I would be pretty pissed. You don't ask someone to give you a ride and then over sleep.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
What an ass! My Dad's cousin's kid is like this, too. Of course he's also so much of a slacker that he doesn't have a job.

When his Grandmother who raised him was sick and dying, he couldn't be bothered to meet my parents in time in Toronto to get a ride to see her. Finally they just started leaving without him.

For him it's the result of being raised without boundaries and never hearing the word "No.". My great-Uncle tried, but was always overruled by my great-Aunt. His Dad is similar, but not as bad.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When his Grandmother who raised him was sick and dying, he couldn't be bothered to meet my parents in time in Toronto to get a ride to see her. Finally they just started leaving without him.
:(

No Pam, most places around here don't offer that....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KARINAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just amazed that you sat around for 30 minutes waiting for him.
Yea well I didn't want to be the rude one by leaving him high and dry.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts