Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my lab puppy has been staying with me for a week now. i was in the process of changing her food to a new brand (PRO PAC)... but she seems not liking it. my breeder said that for emergency situations olny, i need to mix mince pork liver with her food. im using a commercialized liver spread (the ones in cans) and she somewhat started to like it. now my worry is, it has MSG as one of its ingredients. i've been trying to do some research about bad effects of msg to pets especially to dogs. i noticed that she's still losing weight and become a bit aggressive. well i know for a fact that she's supposed to be active at her age. im really having a hard time finding answers in the internet. pls, pls, pls.... i need to get some facts about the effects of MSG on dogs. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Never heard of aggressive issues due to MSG, but I could be wrong.
You can try switching to boiled chicken breast, very little MSG if at all, although it will be a little spendy in the long run

I am fairly sure you are not seeing aggression in your pup, most likely the little guy has a ton of enrgy. Most puppys will play bark and growl.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i wouldn't feed it - even if its not really bad-bad it is still "sodium" I know a few humans that can't eat it because they say it gives them a head ache. liver is very cheap why not just buy fresh, mince it up and freeze it in 2-3 day supply. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts