Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I cant help but feel bad about it. I am starting to have second thoughts, but now its too late....

I have this image of him at home just laying there all depressed because his "boys" are gone.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'll be going through the same thing with Frankie.
Good thoughts and quick healing for Murph. :angel:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I picked Murphy up today, and it looks like my fears were not needed. He came out of the door from the backrooms of the vet, head first with the doctor trailing behind trying to keep his footing. Thats my Murphy. He seems a little out of it, but is still lively. He is sleeping in his crate now with the sheet halfway covered so I can keep an eye on him. I have to admit I was nervous and anxious at the same time waiting there. Took like 20 minutes of me sitting there until he actually came out.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I'm glad it's over with... I know exactly what you mean though and went through.
I hope Murphy continues to improve and get better. Have fun trying to keep him quiet ::)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Murphy will be back up and runnin in no time. I went thru that with Tal in February and like you I started having second thoughts even tho I knew it was the right thing to do.

When he came bouncing out the door with the vet when I picked him up I can't tell you what a sigh of relief I had.

Hard part is keeping them quiet for a few days until they heal enough for normal play.

How did they suture Murphy and how long did they tell you he would need to stay "quiet"?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They used the dissolvable kind of sutures, and said he didnt need to come back. He is staying pretty quite for the most part whined a little on the way home, but hasnt made a sound since. Although this is the first night, I let him out and he went and grabbed one of his toys and tryed to get me to play with him. I know he has to take it easy, so I had to call him back in. He is just chewing on one of his toys now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts