Just Labradors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recognize that many here don't care to see pictures of "dead birds". Remi and Cappy are true hunting Labs and it's what they train and live for nine months of the year. However, We do get some pics of them, especially Remi, doing her thing without having to see excess amounts of dead birds. So here are a few from this morning with Remi and Cappy doing their most "favoritest" thing in the world (except snacking maybe).

Bird down, Remi ... BACK!

Two Birds down, Cappy - Remi ... FETCH

Hurry Rem ... Cappy already has his!

Atta Girl, Rem ... good dawg

(uhh, be sure to rinse your mouth later, ok?)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here are a few of Remi where she has been whistle stopped while searching for a downed bird. In each instance if I feel she's leaving the fall area, I give her a sharp single whistle blast which means ... "STOP, TURN AND LOOK AT ME, WATCH FOR A NEW DIRECTION HAND SIGNAL" ...

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
It really is so cool to see pics of your labs "doing what labs are bred to do". Do you eat all the ducks? Seems like you guys get a alot of "quackers" :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Wow, she really pays attention to you, Jim! Totally alert and focused on you - "Where, Dad? Where shoud I go?"

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I love the pics of your dogs even with the poor dead ducks. My husband always teases me about falling in love with a hunting breed. What can I say, I love labs.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you always take such great pictures of your labs .theres a sportsmens magazine waiting for you out there .:)

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Jim, as usual gorgeous pics of Remi & Cappy!

I say post away even with dead birdies included. I, for one, don't mind the dead birds at all. Your dawgs are doing what they were bred to do... retrieve down birds. In my mind there is nothing more stunning that a beautiful lab doing what they are meant to do!

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
It is so fun to see pictures of them out working and being true Labradors, the photos are great!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Even though I don't hunt, I do love seeing your pics. Your dogs are obviously happy and doing what they love.
Love Remi's focus.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Gorgeous pictures. I love seeing them do what labs are bred to do as well. Dozer's sire and dam are active duck retrievers as well and they thrive on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts