Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having given up on getting my phone to work as a music source I am now looking at MP3 type players. Being technically challenged I need something that will be easy to load with music. Any suggestions - pro or con on the different brands out there? I will be using it mostly for my daily walks and such.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Same here. iTunes and iPod are made to sync, so you will not have any trouble moving your music to your iPod (if you use iTunes).

The newer Nanos are a little sturdier than the type I have too...you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Gray just got a XM MP3 player. It is a XM radio when docked and an MP3 player to go. Its doing great. He loves it.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
my husband has an ipod and he loves it. i get his itunes gift cards for his birthday and christmas and he couldn't be happier. he has had it for over 3 years and has never had a problem with it.

P

·
0 Posts
Ok.....don't all gang up on me, but there are other options besides iPod.

I have a Samsung digital player. It holds 2GB of stuff. It will easily sync with Windows Media Player and will play anything that Windows will play regardless of the file extension. I can sort my music by Artist, Album, Genre, Track, Playlist, Favorites and it is a recorder and radio receiver as well. So I can listen to a radio station, record a song from the radio, record my grocery list or prove my husband said I could buy "THAT".

So if you are still into buying CDs for your music this one is great. I had no intentions of getting an iPod where I had to buy my songs from iTunes.

And I use mine actually for audiobooks that I borrow from the library. They even have a system where I can borrow the book online and download it from there.

Oh, it charges when pluged into a USB port (no batteries like some models I saw) (yes, I know iPods don't use batteries) and it also works as a flash drive. So I can put a presentation for class on this as well and it is the size of a flash drive.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I also wouldn't go for an IPOD.. too much money when you can spend less and get more. I have a Sandisk Sansa e250 ... It's 2 gigs, and holds more than I fill up. http://www.amobil.no/tester/mp3-spillere/sandisk_sansa_e250/28221/print don't worry about not being able to read it, it shows some good comparisons about the size of the mp3 player. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. Oh, if you do find that you need extra space, it's expandable with a memory card.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I am an IPOD Basher by choice!

Zen Vision M is what I have 30 gig or 60 gig, FM tuner(great for the gym), can play videos and movies if you so wish. Only bad thing I have to say about the Zen MP3 player is the headphones - they suck! I paid $150 for my Zen, and another $30 for a decent set of headphones.

Great web site for information on MP3 Players OTHER than Ipod's
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
phseamstress said:
So if you are still into buying CDs for your music this one is great. I had no intentions of getting an iPod where I had to buy my songs from iTunes.
Come on now Paula... itunes imports CDs... or downloaded music... you don't HAVE to buy your music from itunes.. you just have to put all your music IN itunes in order to load it onto your ipod... completely free .. big difference there.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Mooselady said:
Being technically challenged
I think you mean technologically =)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
phseamstress said:
I rip songs from my CDs. I rarely buy music.

·
Registered
762 Posts
My su and I each have the 30G Ipod Video. Never leave home without them. Itunes is super easy to use and I've imported over 150 of my cd's into itunes. Wasn't difficult at all. My 13 yr old got the nano for her bday last year. And my 9 year old has the creative Zen. I've had to put songs on the creative zen for her and let me just say that Ipod/itunes is much much easier.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
c17wife said:
My su and I each have the 30G Ipod Video. Never leave home without them. Itunes is super easy to use and I've imported over 150 of my cd's into itunes. Wasn't difficult at all. My 13 yr old got the nano for her bday last year. And my 9 year old has the creative Zen. I've had to put songs on the creative zen for her and let me just say that Ipod/itunes is much much easier.
With the Zen, I do not need any additional software, just use Windows Media to synch the MP3 to my music and playlists, it is as easy as a click and drop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts